Human for Human Organization
Human for Human local NGO based in Karbala is seeking for qualified applicants for the below post to work within the Karbala:
Vacant Position: Administration and HR Officer ( 1 persons)
Vacancy #: IRQ‐H06
Grade: GA Step 4
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Deadline: 28 October 2021
Reports to: Project Assistant
Reporting lines : Finance Manager
Subordinates: Logistics Officer
Human for Human organization is an Iraqi local organization working in central and south of Iraq. The organization most specialized field of work is relief programs, capacity building and development. The organization has received funds from United Nations, international governmental funds and international donor organizations. H4H is focusing on child protection, youth development and economic development.
The Administration and HR Officer provide proficient and advanced administrative support to employees. Responsible for coordinating administrative and general HR support, including recruiting, administrating employee changes, assisting in the orientation process and other critical service functions for managers and employees. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
H4H seeks qualified candidates to fill 1 positions in Karbala Headquarters office. The staff will be required to work 5 days a week 40 hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Logistical Support to Project Activities, the Administration and HR Officer supports in arranging training, events, meetings, delegation tours and travels logistically. This includes e.g. booking of venues, transportation tickets, translators and equipment, invitation of participants etc. The position holder ensures the timely availability of all office equipment and their quality according to H4H standards. Coordinates the staff transportation using the project cars and external service providers in close communication with the fleet management teams.
- Cluster: The position holder will provide support to procure items for the project team according to H4H rules and regulations. Support the finance team to keep track of inventory, supports the H4H HR department on behalf of the projects, informs about new and existing administration rules, creates and upholds internal project administration procedures, arranges travels and appointments, and supports the projects in all other administrative matters. This includes the preparation of request, coordinating with the logistics team to procure the goods, receiving the goods and check them, and finally, document all the process relevant documents in the project files on DMS. The position holder will conduct market surveys, and market assessments whenever needed upon request from the Project Assistant. The position holder will draw lists of available equipment in the project’s stock such as IT equipment, hibernation equipment, stationary, etc.. in close communication and coordination with the logistics team. Works as a health focal point for the office, ensuring that all health measures are provided in the office and that the health SOPs are complied with. Translates documents from Arabic to English and vise versa whenever needed. The position holder will coordinate with the admin teams in other duty stations to ship equipment and documents and to exchange information among that various office locations.
- Document Management System (DMS)
The position holder checks and maintains the proper filing in DMS.
The Administration and HR Officer will be responsible on raising the project’s purchase requests with the support of the team, project assistant and the logistics officer.
- Other duties:
- additional tasks The position holder will support the team with any additional tasks of non-technical nature if necessary upon request from the Project Assistant.
- Establish, manage, and maintain personnel files in an accurate and consistent manner.
- Substantiates applicants’ skills by administering and scoring tests where applicable.
- Schedules candidate interviews by coordinating appointments with the relevant panel members.
- Welcomes new employees to the organization and conducts orientation.
- Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records.
- Maintains and regularly updates attendance records and Time Sheet of staff.
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data and information.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work.
- Maintains staff confidence and keeps human resource information highly confidential.
- Prepares Employment contracts
- Enters all required data of all staff members into H4H’s HR system and policies
- Reviews all applications to vacancies; prepares candidate shortlists; participates in recruitment
- Keeps records and maintains all relevant correspondence, incoming and outgoing letters;
- Creates and maintains filing and reference system as per H4H’s guidelines;
- Drafts routine correspondence, letters, documents and forms related to H4H admin matters;
- Any other task might be requested by HR & Admin Manager as per H4H’s need.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Human Resource;
- At least three years’ experience in the same position or HR field.
- Previous working experience with INGOs or humanitarian organization is highly preferred;
- Fluency in English, Arabic Languages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook email;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Able to work in a team and as individual;
- Good management, administrative and communication skills;
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team and individual;
- Be very flexible regarding time, tasks and responsibilities
Interested applicants should forward the CV with a covering letter in English explaining their interest in the position to:
- Email address: [email protected] or [email protected] indicating the Job Number (IRQ‐H06), position and the governorate they are applying for (Administration and HR Officer) in the subject line of the email
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
The closing date for applications for the above vacancy is 28 Oct 2021, at 04:30 PM. (local time).