The Director of Maintenance and Services will mainly plan, direct and coordinate duties and services concerned with dormitories, transport & security, furnishing, cleaning and maintenance of structures, facilities, buildings and relevant systems of the University.
Vacancy Title: Director of Maintenance and Services
Vacancies Available: One
Department: Maintenance and Services (M&S)
Job Family: Administration
Type of Contract: FTE 1.0
Hours of Work: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
Place of Work: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
Reporting To: Deputy Rector (Administration)/Rector
Appointment Duration: Three Years
Probation Period: Six Months
Application deadline: Application is open until the position is filled
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Maintenance and Services, in consultation with the line manager, will:
- Ensure the services of his/her department support the achievement of the University mission. This include, but not limited to: room bookings and their timetabling, security & transportation, operations and maintenance of University buildings and machines handled by his/her department, etc.
- Schedule and run the assigned projects in logical steps and estimate their budget and the required time to complete them with a minimum cost and produce an efficient and effective result.
- Submit cost estimates, progress reports, and cost tracking reports.
- Prepare contracts, in consultation with the line manager, and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, clients and contractors.
- Manage, review and supervise the performance of employees under his/her supervision.
- Explain the rules and regulations to the employees under his/her supervision, the users of University dormitories/buildings and make sure that they are followed.
- Report any unusual case related to the University, its buildings, dormitories and its users and participate in the investigations and decisions.
- Make rounds to ensure the safety of the University buildings, dormitories and their users.
- Develop existing or produce new written policies and procedures related to his/her department.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
The Director of Maintenance and Services must have the following attributes:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering and Management, or any other relevant discipline with a minimum of 10 years of experience. OR;
- Master’s degree in Engineering and Management, or any other relevant discipline with a minimum of 5 – 6 years of experience.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish languages is compulsory. Ability to read, speak and write in Arabic language will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of project management, including, but not limited to: cost analysis and budget allocation.
- Experience in engineering project management.
Knowledge and skills of using computer and programs such as (Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.)
Knowledge of business, management and engineering principles involved in strategic planning.
Knowledge and ability to supervise varieties of sub-departments and groups.
Leadership technique and the skills of coordination of people and resources.
Knowledge of individual and group behaviour, societal trends and influences, diversity in ethnic groups and cultures.
Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to [email protected] by indicating the Vacancy Title: Director of Maintenance and Services and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & personal statement where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.