About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In a disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries worldwide, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within now and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps works in places of transition, where conflict, disaster, political upheaval, or economic collapse present opportunities to build more secure, productive, and just communities. Providing emergency relief in crisis times, we move quickly to help communities recover and build resilience to future shocks and promote sustainable change by supporting community-led and market-driven initiatives. Recognizing both the great potential and the complex challenges faced by the Middle East, since 1989, Mercy Corps has been implementing a range of humanitarian assistance and development programs tailored to the region’s specific needs and those communities where we work.
Mercy Corps has worked across Iraq’s 18 governorates since 2003, implementing relief and development programming, more than a third of which has focused on refugees and displaced persons’ specific needs. Mercy Corps Iraq’s goal is to work with new and existing civil society, public and private sector partners to meet immediate and long-term needs by strengthening communities’ ability to rebuild amidst an increasing crisis. Mercy Corps Iraq focuses on (1) a relief-to-resilience pathway to meet the needs of conflict-affected communities leveraging agency expertise in conflict management and civil society development (2) a humanitarian response that empowers conflict-affected populations to meet their own needs (3) partnering with conflict-affected adolescents to address their diverse needs, promoting leadership and linkages with civil society.
General Position Summary
The Admin and Warehouse assistant is responsible for providing day to day administrative and warehousing assistance, fully supporting the program, and other teams and departments following the MCIQ staff needs with prompt action. The assistant works on essential administrative and warehousing duties and responsibilities and other tasks upon request.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the office runs in a professional and orderly manner, including hosting guests and receptionist duties.
- Responsible for smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the office, and program support.
- Responsible for efficient implementation of following office functions: photocopying and mailing services, translation services, telephones, and faxes;
- Prepare and submit purchase requests for office supplies for Tikrit office to the procurement department;
- Responsible for essential procurement responsibilities as guided by the Sr. Operation officer/Reem Qassem), the Area Operations Manager (Fadl Moukadem) or Interim Operations Director (Hicham Awad).
- Translation of documentation from English to Arabic and vice versa as required by the operations and program staff;
- Assist in preparing ID cards for all staff; ID cards are worn by all MC staff when on official business or MC property;
- Managing Mercy Corps’ rented properties, including leases and legal agreements, inventory, and assets and maintenance of properties;
- Negotiate with landlords, as needed, for repairs and permissions for maintenance and improvements;
- Maintain petty cash for minor purchases of office supplies and other items needed for the office and apartments.
- Must acquire a clear understanding of all MC policies and program needs; to be able to help in compliance with the policies.
- Managing Mercy Corps’ rented properties, including leases and legal agreements, inventory, and property maintenance.
- Responsible for managing the housekeepers in the office and maintain the kitchens stocks as requested.
- Ensure that all the operational payment requests/PRs and SCs are managed and prepared on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow the Mercy Corps Warehouse Policy and Procedures Guidelines, including policies and standard warehouse forms.
- Daily coordination of MC logistics, procurement, and program departments related to receiving, storing, and releasing items from the WH.
- Ensure the timely delivery of supplies to respective projects.
- Assist, as needed, in training staff on warehouse policies, forms, and procedures.
- Maintain physical and electronic copies of the inventory, as per formats and forms provided in the Warehouse Manual, and produce required reports.
- Travel to field sites to receive and inspect goods delivered directly to the field.
- Ensure the smooth running of the warehouse operation.
- Receive the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request. Inspect goods upon delivery and reject inadequate, broken, lower quality, and other items not meeting the order’s requirements and process the related paperwork.
- Coordinate with procurement and programs for transportation of planned dispatches.
- Dispatch goods from the warehouse using appropriate MC procedures, Store Release forms, Waybills, and update Stock Records.
- Prepare a monthly stock report, end of grant stocks, fiscal year physical counts, and ad hoc physical counts, as instructed by the supervisor.
- Display bin cards on each item in the warehouse.
- Generate the commodities movement waybills and gate passes.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in designing, monitoring, and evaluating our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves professionally and respect local laws, customs, and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Sn. Operation officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Operations, Program, and Finance teams.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of a high school degree with one year of administration experience; in the absence of professional experience, a degree from a recognized and relevant university is acceptable. Experience in working with the non-governmental sector is preferable.
- General understanding of contracting;
- Administration and organizational knowledge and time management skills are desirable.
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members, and a proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Abilities for multitasking and skills in scheduling.
- Good negotiation, representation, skills, and the ability to work comfortably with diverse staff.
- Good computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access) and knowledge of and experience in inventory, administration, procurement procedures.
Fluency in Arabic and good English is essential
How To Apply
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions. S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in challenging, stressful environments and follow Mercy Corps procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability and transparency to its beneficiaries and to International standards guiding relief and development work.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, references and application letter to the email address:
[email protected] Resumes sent in email without mentioning the job applied for in the subject line will not be considered. Submission should include a copy of Iraqi national ID card and education certificates.
For full position description for the noted posts please visit websites NCCI,E- Wadifa ,and Kodo jobs websites
ALL APPLICATIONS/ CVs SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY January 18th, 2021 at 16:00.
Mercy Corps will review CV’s and applications on a rolling basis (i.e., as applications are submitted). Potential Candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps Human Resources policies and procedures. As soon as qualified candidates are identified the positions will be closed automatically.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interview. Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for the position of Admin and Warehousing Assistant. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global Impact.
Mercy Corps Iraq offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers. Mercy Corps Iraq ensures a safe and inclusive working environment for women and men through field security training and measures to provide secure working arrangements on-site and in the office.
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.