Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Iraq
Iraq, with a long history of displacement, has seen an unprecedented rise in recent years. Of the more than 5.8 million Iraqis who fled their homes since 2014, two million remain displaced. Over four million Iraqis have returned to their area of origin. Many Iraqis have returned to areas that lack basic infrastructure, utility services and livelihood opportunities, or where explosive devices have not been cleared. Other challenges include: lack of security, community rejection, housing, property and civil documentation issues and lack of educational opportunities.
The UN estimates that more than 8 million Iraqis will need assistance in 2019, and 3.2 million children attend schools irregularly or not at all. Humanitarian agencies are asking for 569 million USD to deliver basic assistance to Iraqis (HRP 2019). With military operations against IS group having ended, the Iraqi government faces new challenges to ensure an inclusive reconstruction and reconciliation that will sustain peace.Since 2010,NRC Iraq has been assisting internally displaced Iraqis, Syrian refugees, and host communities in Ninewa, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk, Basra and Anbar.
We focus on assisting the newly displaced, those in lengthy displacement in camps and those in hard-to-reach places. In 2018, NRC scaled-up programmes across Iraq to respond to the large-scale displacements and returns, especially in Anbar governorate, around Kirkuk and in Ninewa using our water and sanitation, education, camp management, legal assistance, livelihoods, camp management, and cash activities.
Agriculture Infrastructure Engineer- Livelihoods (National Position)
The purpose of the officer position is to ensure day to day implementation of agricultural infrastructure rehabilitation through contactor, CFW or community driven cash modality for NRC’s Anbar Area office, in Anbar governorate.
Role and responsibilities
- Quality control of all construction/rehabilitation activities at each stage of the progress – travel regularly to all sites of project activities, ensuring that all activities are in line with norms and standards.
- Monitor and document the implementation of project activities done by implementing partners, contractors and/or community committees
- Responsible for assessment, project planning, implementation and monitoring for infrastructure rehabilitation or other construction activities
- Responsible for preparing Bill of Quantities (BoQ), Scope of Works (SoW), technical drawings and other technical documents related to reconstruction/rehabilitation works.
- Responsible for quality control and quality assurance of implemented works
- Provide technical support to implementing partners, contractors and/or community committees
- Collection and analysis project data and report.
- Provision and completion of all field related forms, contracts and retain in profile.
- Conduct the meeting with community, local authority and other stakeholders at field level.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree in Agriculture science/ Agronomy or Agricultural engineering
- At least 2 years of previous experience working as a Project Officer implementing agricultural projects in a humanitarian/recovery context with INGO or private sector.
- Strong communication interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated results implementing and tracking field-based activities
- Contract period: 10 Months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Duty station: Anbar
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
For full position details please click on Job Description
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your motivation letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.