BACKGROUND ON IMPACT
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
We are currently looking for an Assessment Intern to support our Iraq team.
Supervisor: IMPACT Country Focal Point
Title: IMPACT Assessment Intern
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Contract duration: 6 months
Starting Date: ASAP
Under the functional supervision of the IMPACT Country Focal Point in Iraq and of IMPACT’s HQ in Geneva, the IMPACT Assessment Intern supports all stages of IMPACT assessments, including their preparation, implementation and follow-up.
During his/her mission, the IMPACT Assessment Intern will be hosted by ACTED and will fall under the direct responsibility and management of ACTED’s Country Director and his/her delegates for all Administrative, Security, Logistics and Finance issues. S/he will therefore fully abide to ACTED’s Security, HR, Administration and Logistics rules and regulations.
In coordination with the IMPACT Country Focal Point, the IMPACT Assessment Intern shall work closely with in support of designing and implementing IMPACT research cycles for UNHCR. This includes:
- Assessment Preparation and Planning:
- Supporting the IMPACT Assessment Officer to design and implement IMPACT assessment strategy and methodology, including desk reviews and contribution to questionnaire and tool design;
- Working with field staff to design and implement IMPACT assessment procedures, including coordinating and ensuring timely data collection and analysis, and in partnership with GIS team
- Ensuring the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports, factsheets and other outputs (including designing and creating data visualisations using specific software when needed);
- Supporting the development / revision of assessment / programme strategies, reports or new proposals;
- Liaising with programme staff of other ACTED departments to ensure close coordination and information sharing is maintained.
- Data collection
- Support the identification and training of enumerators for primary data collection;
- Help to oversee data collection, in line with agreed TORs;
- Contribute to the management of logistics, financial, administration and HR processes related to research cycles and liaise accordingly with the relevant ACTED counterpart in compliance to ACTED FLAT procedures of all activities and teams that s/he supervises.
- In partnership with the GIS team, when relevant, support to ensure that collected data is geo-referenced enabling the production of maps and related products;
- Drafting of situation updates on data collection progress for submission to IMPACT Country Focal Point, and, where relevant, external partners and stakeholders.
- Data management
- Ensure that data is revised and cleaned, and that all revisions are recorded;
- Conduct analysis on collected data as per ToRs;
- Ensure that meaningful techniques are used to analyze the data collected;
- Ensure that data and its analysis are validated by IMPACT HQ before product drafting stage;
- Ensure that data and its analysis do not contain personal information and are validated by IMPACT HQ before sharing to external parties;
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of technical information provided as well as the confidentiality and protection of collected information.
- Product drafting
- Contribute to the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports and factsheets, which comply with
- Communicating in advance with GIS colleagues mapping needs for the production of assessment outputs;
- Ensure that all written products are validated by IMPACT HQ before external release;
- Maintain regular communication with IMPACT Assessment Officer on progress and deadlines for written products.
The IMPACT Assessment Intern will maintain the strictest confidentiality on all data collected and related processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of any information and data belonging to IMPACT and its partners, or collected during his/her assignment with IMPACT.
- Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master degree in relevant discipline;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting;
- Excellent team management skills;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset
- Fluency in English required, Arabic and asset
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word and Project Management Software
- Advanced skills in Excel, SPSS, R or related statistical programming
- Ability to work independently
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/erbilinternships
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your motivation letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.