Supporting Decentralization and Local governance in Iraq (DLG) is commissioned by the
Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) implementing projects
with the coordination of Ministry of Planning as strategic partner focusing on capacity
developments from national and sub-national level, supporting local development in the
governorates by activating the local resources maximization units (LRMU), through rising
awareness on decentralization process and building capacities of public employees at
central level in the partners structures. DLG in Iraq operates in 14 Governorates and
selected Districts, excluding the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and Kirkuk.
In this context, DLG is currently looking for creative and self-motivated candidate to fill the
position of junior Finance and Administrative officer in Baghdad.
- Support on Finance & Administrative services of the program in Baghdad and other duty stations in Basra, Diwaniya, Nasiriya, and Mosul in coordination with the existing DLG structures.
- Meets the program Finance and Administration needs with a minimum intervention
- Adhere to the GIZ finance and Administration regulations, respect code of conduct, ensure confidentialities and compliance.
- Adhere to the local governing laws of Iraq and partners rules and policies
- Work closely with all DLG relevant staff as required
- Ensures his accountabilities and responsibility as junior finance & administration officer effectively
- Works as alternate in the absence of to the Finance officer and Administrative officer.
- Works closely with DLG’s central and other duty stations to fulfill the needs of services effectively
- Effectively prioritize tasks and ensures that information is exchanged between project/programme staff, partners, and other institutions
- Coordinate with implementing partners and communicate on their needs and requirements.
- Attend weekly team members meetings regularly and prepares and organises internal meetings
- Work closely with the admin and finance manager and other management staff on organising administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, workshops etc.).
- Travel arrangements for personnel, groups and other GIZ partners, including scheduling flights and ground transportation, booking accommodations, and handling any other trip-related tasks.
- coordinates with the GIZ office on the mode of service delivery.
- ensures that computers and software function properly.
- monitors the availability of accessories and stocks and carries out procurement in accordance with guidelines.
- Shall be responsible for filing documents in reference files or in MS Teams in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- manages confidential files, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance.
- Ensure the management of assets and inventory recode keeping with the applicable software.
- Ensure GIZ HR policies and requirements effectively.
- Request all DLG office running and consumables are available, stored and recorded.
- Adhere to GIZ Standard Operations manual (SOP) related to administration.
- Finance and accounting:
- Ensure GIZ financial management procedures are adhered
- Ensure to implement financial transactions in accordance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and GIZ rules and process on accounting practice.
- In the absence of the Finance Officer, takes the responsibility of cash and bank accounts recode on daily bases with the available GIZ accounting software.
- Ensures cash, bank and advance reconcile on daily bases.
- Carryout invoices are counter-checked, supporting documents are complete.
- Ensures that GIZ validation stamp is completely signed by responsible authorized members of GIZ office.
- Carryout cash count on weekly bases as per the cash management instructions
- In the absence of finance officer, carryout the weekly and monthly exports and submission of vouchers to the responsible accounting officer in GIZ Country Office.
- Ensure regular follow up on open accounts and settlements accordingly.
- Coordinate with Finance officer in preparations of monthly C files for IQD and USD journals of GIZ office and provide scanned documents from C files to GIZ-CO when necessary.
- Carries out spot checks of the cash count and perform the reconciliation of bank book.
- Support in providing all the necessary financial documents during internal Audit.
- Takes over other finance tasks assigned by his line manager.
- Other duties/additional tasks
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
- Education: University degree in accounting or related area in Finance & Business administration
- Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant occupational experience in accounting skills, journal entries, cash, bank, asset management’s and administrative skills are required.
- Experience with GIZ finance and administration roles or with international development organization or institutions are preferred.
- Experience with independent execution of tasks according to existing planning and consultation with supervisor and colleagues preferred.
- Constructive and creative thinking, sometimes also conceptual initiative.
- Being acquainted with administrative procedures in government and administrative offices is an advantage.
- Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Good knowledge of accounting software, experience in IT technology, email, internet and computer applications (MS Office)
- German language skills are an advantage
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods
How To Apply
Requirements for application:
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to [email protected]
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-DLG21-97)Junior Admin & Finance Officer
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.