Capacity Building Technical Advisor, Erbil, Iraq
Position: Capacity Building Technical Advisor, based in Erbil – Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Duration: 1 year, with 3 months’ probation **
Closing date of the vacancy: 24th August, 2020**
Project title, ID and Donor: TATWEER/Development: Civil Society Capacity Building Program, main donor: EU
Report to: Project Manager**
TATWEER (Development) – Civil Society Capacity Building Program is a program designed by Un Ponte Per and Al-Mesalla and funded by EU to build upon and scale up the potential of Iraqi Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) with a strong focus on capacity-building, advocacy and networking.
A Civil Society Service Center is foreseen to be active in each of the three project locations (Erbil, Mosul and Basra) to provide services to the CSOs (training, advisory services, information point etc.) in KRI, Central Iraq, and Southern Iraq.
Un Ponte Per (UPP) has been active in Iraq since 1991 and has made civil society empowerment one of its core missions in the country since its inception, through actions that span from humanitarian and health projects to human rights and peacebuilding programs. UPP works to prevent new conflicts, especially in the Middle East, by building peace and solidarity between people, defending human rights of those affected by war and promoting their right to self-determination, social justice and dignity.
UPP is an equal opportunity employer: we employ and promote qualified people without discrimination of any kind.
General description of the position
To Capacity Building Technical Advisor ensures the preparation of learning material, the planning, coordination and monitoring of ToT to be carried out in the 3 Civil Society Service Centres established by the project (in Erbil, Mosul and Basra) and outside, including online activities.
We look for an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and resourceful professional, based in Erbil with a problem-solving attitude.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative and autonomy in the organization of her/his work while ensuring at the same the capacity to act in strong coordination with Project PM and other team members (especially Coordinators and Tutors of CSSC in Erbil, Mosul and Basra).
· Coordinate with Project Manager and the CSSC’s teams in developing a plan of training and capacity building activities based on the need assessment carried out at the moment of the Baseline Study and consistent with the Project’s objectives
· Review the available training materials and training methods available for CSOs in Iraq, producing reports with recommendations and plan of action
· Review first draft of materials in collaboration with PM and Project’s other Technical advisors
· Plan, in coordination with the CSSC’s teams, the implementation of the ToT to be carried out in the CSSC
· Facilitate dialogue and seminars on different topics such as development policies, human and environmental rights, equal opportunities between men and women
· Monitoring and ensure the quality of the trainings that will be delivered in the CSSCs to the NNGOs and groups
· Provide high quality activity and training reports
· Contribute to the planning and implementation of online capacity building events
· Collaborate with Communication Unit to ensure that information on actions and events are available and provided in line with UPP and EU regulations
· Collaborate with M&E Unit for all the foreseen task related to Monitoring and Evaluation concerning capacity building/training activities
Required education and skills
· University degree preferably in relevant subjects (Political Science, Education, Economics, Development, International Relations, etc.).
· Excellent oral and written Arabic and English
· Previous experience in empowering capacity building and/or training programs for adults: development of training curriculum, training needs assessment.
· Capacity to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives
· Previous experience working under pressure and/or in hardship duty station
· Team working skills and proactive attitude
· Computer literacy skills
· Proven knowledge of European External Action Service (EEAS)/EU funded projects and procedures
· Previous experience of work in Iraq/MENA region
- Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: [email protected]
- Please reference “Capacity Building Technical Advisor Tatweer” in the subject line of your email application. Please apply with just one email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only applications in English will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please name the files attached to your application as follow: surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc**
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.