Job Title: Chief of Party, Iraq
Department/Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Reports To: Program Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party with senior monitoring and evaluation expertise to manage USAID/Iraq’s Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) Activity. The Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) will provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt for improved effectiveness.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee contract work plans and budgets based on expected contract outputs and results using an adaptive management approach.
- Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, monitoring and evaluation, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of MEL technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID and working environment in Iraq
- Oversee the training for staff (mainly the field monitors) and building local capacity for monitoring and evaluation staff and/or subcontractors
- Identify issues and risks related to contract management in a timely manner
- Manage the activity’s financial resources in accordance with the budget as well as USAID’s policies and regulations
- May be required to be in-country to perform the essentials duties of this position
- Manage all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated relevant project management experience in developing countries is required, with experience in Iraq and the Middle East.
- Proven Monitoring and Evaluation experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis, and familiarity with Third-Party Monitoring is required. Must have demonstrated ability to produce and edit technical documents.
- Demonstrated ability to convey data and findings in a concise, accessible, and visually compelling manner is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communications and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing activity teams with diverse backgrounds and skills is required.
- Proven ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team needed.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Must be able to use the language fluently and accurately and be able to read all styles and forms on all professional levels. Modern Standard Arabic ability desired.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries is required.
- Experience building organizational capacity in monitoring and evaluation, dissemination and learning and/or training in monitoring and evaluation is required.
- Ability and willingness to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of an emergency required.
- Ability and willingness to work for extended periods in insecure and diverse environments.
- Ability and willingness to safely enter and exit a larger, armored SUV vehicle that is several feet off the ground without assistance, while wearing body armor and/or a heavy flak jacket.
- In case of an emergency situation, must be able and willing to ‘duck and seek cover’, which may require the individual to exit the vehicle, unaided, and hurriedly seek shelter elsewhere, as needed, in the event of a roadside emergency.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong experience in overseas development and leading organizations, in both management and technical capacities, in the MENA region.
- Proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, and management competence
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience implementing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) programs.
- Proven track record of supporting complex activities involving coordination with multiple stakeholders, especially in the Middle East.
- Knowledge of and experience in working on USAID funded projects preferred.
Education: An advanced university degree in a relevant subject area with academic coursework or concentration in International Development, program evaluation, measurement or program analysis or equivalent 7 years monitoring and evaluation (M&E) work related experience.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs. This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment’s notice in case of an emergency.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel is essential and will include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas.
Work Authorization: Must be able to obtain work authorization in Iraq.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/iraqjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.