Action Against Hunger has been operating in Iraq since 2013, following the sudden massive influx of refugees fleeing the Syrian crisis. The multiple offensives of ISIS have caused the displacement of more than three million people across the country. In the summer of 2014, attacks on Mosul and the Sinjar region pushed hundreds of thousands of people into Iraqi Kurdistan. ACF has since been implementing its humanitarian response with an integrated, multi-sectoral approach, addressing WASH, Mental Health & Care Practices, Food Security & Livelihoods amongst the Iraqi Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in camp and non-camp settings, as well as returnees and host communities. In 2019, ACF is willing to continue the humanitarian intervention in the areas still presenting urgent needs but also focusing on post-emergency / recovery interventions. Our team is running operations of approximatively 9 million euros. The main donors of the mission are OFDA, EU through MADAD, GIZ, AFD, WFP, SDC and ACF.
You will ensure the overall implementation of the programme strategy of the mission and the quality of the programs; coordination of new project proposals development in line with the mission strategy.
Iraq is a complex and challenging country; but equally full of remarkable and resilient people who have lived through some of the significant conflicts of the 21st century to date. Working with and for these people is both challenging and a privilege. Doing so with ACF is an opportunity for any leader to both test themselves and be at the front edge of providing high standards of humanitarian and development assistance. It is a challenge to be relished, but equally not one to be taken on lightly.
- You have a strong field experience with humanitarian NGOs in similar role; or around 5 years of experience of International NGOs in progressively more responsible positions leading to a strong desire to take on the role of Country Director
- You show a solid experience in representation, liaison with ACF stakeholders
- You demonstrate an excellent communication skills clear and structure, interpersonal and good negotiation skills.
- You reveal experience in identifying, analysing humanitarian needs & designing potential responses, and follow up with technical referents proposal writing, concept notes, etc…
- You manifest a high capacity of work, able to overcome stress and work under pressure
- You have knowledge about ACF programs (WASH, MHCP, FSL) and organization is an advantage
- You have knowledge of the region and of Iraq specifically would be an advantage
- You exhibit leadership and management skills in a complex international setting
- You have extensive knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian coordination mechanisms and Nexus between Recovery and Development
- You show good knowledge of main ACF sectors of intervention: WASH, FSL, MHCP, nutrition and Gender
- You have strong analytical and conceptual thinking; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple, workable actions and plans
- You are fluent in written and spoken English (Arabic will be consider as an asset)
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary: from € 3 876 to € 5 025 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: €642 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- 450 € as country allowance.
- 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen
- Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
- Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period every 12 weeks
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (Turkey)
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.