EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
VACANCY: Covid Health Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference;
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact;
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times;
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond;
- The competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, a mobility allowance, and social security scheme).
Job Title: Covid Health Field Officer
Duty Station: Iraq – Baghdad Sub-Delegation (BGD)
Reports to: Health Delegate
Duration of Contract: Six-months fixed term contract
Date of Issue: 5 April 2021
Deadline for applications: 9 April 2021
With the realignment phase and trying to evolve from a centralized and hospital focus system to a family-oriented Healthcare approach based on primary healthcare. And with the COVID 19 Vaccines now available and the sharp increase in COVID 19 incidence rates and deaths in early 2021, the Ministry of Health (MOH) moved to secure vaccines and plan for a rapid role out in some 666 fixed vaccination sites across Iraq. ICRC will support the MOH with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), vaccine-related materials, and support to allow for longer opening hours and increased vaccination rates.
Health Field Officer will be responsible for monitoring the ICRC support to the MOH COVID 19 Vaccination programme to be implemented in 181 static vaccination sites (Primary Health Care Centers (PHCCs) and Hospitals) throughout 4 Governorates in BGD AOR.
- Monitor delivery and appropriate use of ICRC donations of PPE, computers, cleaning material, safety boxes in his/her geographic area;
- Ensure protocols on PPE donning, doffing, usage and disposal are visible in each vaccination site. Conduct refresher training on PPE per visit;
- Monitor good practices in immunization at vaccination sites;
- In coordination with the BGD health team, facilitates field trips to each site at least 1 time in 6 months;
- Weekly contact with the Deputy of Health “DOH” focal point for COVID campaign;
- Ensures proper management of vaccination information is maintained on the site computer and Health FO collects and produces the subsequent reports;
- Liaises with Iraqi Red Crescent Society (IRCS) Health awareness volunteers at local branches to monitor impact and address their feedback on community response to vaccinations;
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall Covid situation;
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages;
- Carries out logistical tasks regarding medical items, and organizes COVID related distributions to beneficiaries in the field when required;
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programmes. May represent the ICRC vis-à-vis beneficiaries, local authorities, humanitarian players, etc.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- University degree in M.B.CH.B, Nursing or equivalent training or experience in a similar field;
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and IBM Lotus Notes;
- Good analytical skills.
How to Apply:
- All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).