Requisition ID: req7486
Job Title: ECD M&E Assistant – Anbar / Fallujah
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Iraq program was established in 2003 and is currently operating programs in 14 governorates in the Kurdistan Region and south central Iraq with an annual budget of over $30 million. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, the IRC’s assistance programs for Syrian refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Iraq, includes both camp-based and urban-based refugee and IDP assistance. The IRC Iraq supports IDPs, returnees, host communities and Syrian refugees across 14 governorates in Iraq with activities focused on education, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, child protection and livelihoods activities. The IRC Iraq’s country office is based in Erbil, with field offices in Mosul, Kirkuk, Ramadi, Duhok and Baghdad and program offices in Sulaymaniyah, Salah al-Din and Karbala governorates.
In Iraq, high-quality Early Childhood Development (ECD) programs have the potential to provide the foundation for children future academic success, health, prosperity, and wellbeing. A large body of scientific evidence emphasizes the need for increased investment in early childhood, particularly for children experiencing conflict, crisis and displacement; these children are extremely vulnerable to the long-lasting effects that prolonged stress has on the developing brain.
In December 2017, Sesame Workshop and the IRC were awarded the MacArthur Foundation’s inaugural 100&Change grant to make real progress toward solving a critical problem of our time. With the extraordinary investment of $100 million, our partnership will transform the language, early reading, math, and social-emotional skills of a generation of children ages 0-8 affected by the Syrian war. Focusing on children in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria over the next five years, the plan combines the depth of in-person services, reaching 1.5 million children, with the breadth of mass media, reaching 9.4 million children. For more information, please visit: http://refugee.sesameinternational.org/.
Under the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, The Monitoring and Evaluation assistant contributes to enhancing the quality of the IRC Humanitarian Response programming through ensuring at least the minimum quality standards are applied in monitoring measures. He/she contributes toward the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of IRC. In addition to program data management for quality purposes.
- Data Collection and implementations
- Conduct data collection like Post Implementation Monitoring, Observations, Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) and Key Informant Interviews (KII) with different persons of different age groups (children, youth, adults) and different gender
- Oversee quantitative and qualitative data collection activities conducted by program staff.
- Conduct logistical preparations for M&E activities like contacting beneficiaries to get consent for M&E interviews.
- Follow-up with complaint and suggestions process and make sure that each reported case is taking all the steps of analysis, categorizing, taking actions and feedback to the complainant.
- Archiving Monitoring and evaluation documents in organized way as soft and hardcopies.
- Translation to the best of the employee abilities
- Technical Support To Program
- Participate in to the capacity building process of Programs’ staff, partners and temporary staff on M&E processes and data collection methodologies through trainings and follow up
- Participate regularly to M&E and program team meetings
- Participate in project activities
- Provide support for data collection activities especially supporting the team in using the tablets and data collection application.
- Provide technical support and oversee surveyors, enumerators and temporary
- Conduct field visit to program activities in order to provide technical support regarding M&E activities
- Data And Reporting
- Entering and cleaning the data collected by program and M&E including monitoring activities and program data.
- Prepare informative field reports, identify challenges and make relevant recommendations on a regular basis.
- Conduct data quality checks in the field and ensure accuracy and completeness of survey questionnaires.
- Any other relevant task as required
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: ECD M&E Officer
Position directly supervises: Enumerators (temporary Staff)
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: The M&E Officer closely works with the research officer, M&E officer, ECD Officers, Mobilizers, Facilitators and M&E team.
External: IRC’s partners
- Education: Bachelor degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Statistics, Social Sciences, or any relevant related field.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Required Skills or Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience in conducting field-level data collection (e.g. facilitate focus group discussion and conduct interviews)
- Knowledge of mobile data collection application like Commcare
- Good knowledge in Microsoft office programs.
- Good report writing and information dissemination skills
- Good knowledge of and experience with humanitarian guidelines and principles
- Work Experience: At least 2 years of relevant working experience in the area of M&E and data collection
- Master degree in Applied Research, Computer Science, Statistics, or any relevant related field.
- Certification or specific training in Statistics, Information Management and/or Data Management.
- Working experience with an NGO/INGO
- understanding of ECD concepts and issues
- Demonstrated experience in data collection Systems (Commcare, Kobo)
- Proficiency in Spoken Arabic and Intermediate level in English.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected]
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل
متساوية و ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات
(سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي
مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء
مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.