DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com.
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan – Iraq
Program and Position Description:
DT Global is seeking an experienced Operations & Accounting Manager (OMA) with backgrounds in stabilization and reconciliation programming to support DT’s programming in Ninewa. The OMA, based in Erbil will be reporting to DTG’s in-country Regional Program Manager and work closely with DTG’s in-country Operations Manager and DTG’s home office based in the U.S. The position will support DTG’s local partners and activities in Ninewa by processing invoices and ensuring program finances, administration and operations are in compliance with DTG policies along with the governing laws prescribed by the Government of Iraq (GoI) and Kurdistan’s Regional Government (KRG).
This is a part-time position with a maximum level of effort of 5 days per month.
- Develop regular budgeting process for the operations team, including frequent updates, projections, processing invoices and cash flow needs;
- Oversee administration of daily/monthly time sheeting for the program and support in the administration and calculation of payroll;
- Monitoring oversight responsibility for all lease agreements and monthly payments associated with program property;
- Coordinate with procurement team re: maintenance and procurement of all computer equipment, office furniture and office supplies; proper inventory of all project property; supervision of IT service suppliers;
- Responsible for all Ninewa operations including finances, travel, logistics, human resources, and administrative tasks;
- Liaise DTG home office and lawyers on work permits, registration and other local legal requirements;
- Represent DTG in front of the GOI and KRG for all legal matters;
- Monitor administrative activities and ensure that project practices are in line with the policy and procedures manual mandated by DTG;
- Make recommendations for improvements to project operations communicate to all staff as needed;
- Administer and manage approved travel via travel agency;
- Other duties as assignedRequired Experience and Skills:
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in an operations management role;
- At least a four-year bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated knowledge of GoI and KRG rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated past performance managing personnel;
- Financial experience forecasting operational costs and pipeline budget preferred;
- Experience working on similar grants program strongly desired;
- Ability to work well across multiple cultures, be flexible enough to react to an-ever changing operating environment, and think quickly to trouble-shoot issues that may arise;
- Advanced fluency in English and Arabic language (required);What we Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/developmentjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.