The HALO Trust is a British charity which conducts clearance activity throughout the world to remove the threat of injury from mines and improvised explosive devices. Due to an expansion of an existing project in Anbar we are seeking an experienced Field Medic.
The primary role of the field medic is to provide good medical care for any member of staff who suffers an injury while at work. This consists of administering first aid, stabilising the patient and monitoring them on the journey to hospital. This includes mine injuries, road accidents and other work- related injuries.
- Checking, maintaining, and ensuring all Major Trauma Kits, Minor Injury Kits, Stretchers, and other medical equipment assigned to their clearance team are functional, in good condition, fully stocked, and up to date.
- Providing primary treatment for HALO personnel injured during operations and stabilizing them for transport to a hospital.
- Treatment of minor injuries or illnesses sustained by HALO personnel during working hours.
- Participating in CASEVAC training at least once a month.
- Ensuring that the contents of the medical kits are kept up to date and that any use of the bag is recorded in the records provided.
- Looking after the general health of the team members by ensuring that they have adequate rest and water
- Maintaining the general standards of hygiene and safe workplace while in the field. This includes implementing best practices for drinking water and prevention of deceases including (COVID 19 and typhoid among others.)
- Liaise with local medical service providers as required.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Professional qualification as a nurse or paramedic from a recognized institution.
- HALO Paramedic Training Course
- Experienced in emergency response at the pre-hospital level
- 2+ years health services experience
- Driving license for ambulance is preferable.
- Knowledge of English language is desirable.
- Computer literacy is desirable.
How To Apply
- Please send your application to [email protected]
- Deadline for applications: Sunday 10thJanuary 2021
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.