FIVE ONE LABS
All applications should be submitted via the application link, below.
Organization: Five One Labs
Position Title: Finance and Procurement Assistant
Location: Based in Erbil, Iraq
Start Date: December 15, 2020
Length of Contract:One year (with a three month trial period)
Application Closing Date:Rolling until November 28, 2020
Apply Here:Form is available here
ABOUT FIVE ONE LABS:
Five One Labs is a start-up incubator based in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) that helps talented entrepreneurs from Iraq and Syria to launch and grow their businesses. We aim to empower individuals to rebuild their lives and livelihoods and contribute to the economic growth of their communities.
With offices in Erbil and Sulaimani, Five One Labs creates flexible programs for entrepreneurs that are focused on human-centered design, business fundamentals, and leadership development. Our trainers are steeped in lean startup and design thinking methodology, and thus our trainings are hands-on, active, and highly practical for innovative startups.
For more information, please see https://fiveonelabs.org/.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a candidate to serve as the Finance Assistant in Erbil.
The successful candidate will support Five One Labs to:
- Record and categorize cash transactions (both income and expenses) and file receipts accordingly
- Maintain accurate records for disbursement of cash payments
- Oversee procurement processes and ensure that they are in line with organizational and donor requirements
- Prepare invoices and vouchers
- Assist with monthly payroll, including collection of invoices and timesheets
- Work with management team to prepare documents for donor reporting on a quarterly basis
- Provide regular written financial updates to Five One Labs management
- Other administrative tasks as necessary
The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Five One Labs team in Erbil and will be directly managed by our Finance Manager. The team will ensure that the selected candidate has access to all relevant materials and support to succeed in his or her role.
The Five One Labs team is seeking candidates with the following profile:
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as business administration, finance or accounting
- Past experience working with non-profit or humanitarian organizations in administration, finance or procurement
- Comfortable with budgeting, accounting and Excel
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or other accounting software would be a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency in English and Kurdish
- Team-oriented and enthusiastic about working with and supporting others;
- Willingness to listen, learn and adapt based on feedback
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer service attitude
- Outgoing, positive, and interested in developing a strong community;
- Attention to detail, conscientious about accuracy and professional presentation at all times; desire for continuous improvement;
- Self-starter personality – able to initiate and lead projects or tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment;
- Experience working and thriving in multicultural teams.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
The position will be based in Erbil, Iraq.
If you are interested in this position, please fill in this application formand either upload your CV and
cover letter to the form or email your CV or resume to [email protected].orgwith the subject line
“Finance Assistant”. Make sure your application contains a CV and Cover Letter – applications without a cover letter will not be considered. The application period will close at 11:59pm on November 28, 2020.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
Five One Labs is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds, and of any gender, to apply for this position.