Finance Manger in Iraq /Erbil
- Reviews and approve recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive or senior management team.
- Oversee proper allocation of invoices to funding source and expense categories.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports in accordance with established schedules and in manner to meet donor expectations
- Assists with development and management of internal financial audits.
- May develop formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulator y compliance agencies.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports in relation to activity and project budgets and corrects accounting errors
- In collaboration with senior management monitor budgets and funding obligations vs. actual expenses via pipeline analyses, taking into account accruals and commitments.
- Provides recommendations to and consults with management on project financial management matters and compliance
- Participates in and provides financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments.
- Keeps abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and mentors staff.
- Builds and trains staff on financial policies and procedures
- Manages the activities of the financial analysts.
- Reviews sub awardees’ invoices and forecasts and performs pre-award assessments for sub-grantees and subcontractors
- Builds and reviews budgets for new activities and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or related Field.
- 5 years related work experience in NGO
- Experience in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions in organizations funded via government, contracts and grants, foundation, and commercial sources.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls and financial information systems
- Familiarity with experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards
- Sound knowledge and past experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles practices and reporting guidelines
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and advice to team, exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills
- Past experience managing a financial analysis department is required.
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Experience working with an international organization.
Interested and qualified candidates please apply on [email protected] before indicating the position applied for in the subject line
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.