Requisition ID: req8040
Job Title: HR Assistant – Mosul
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, child Protection and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC’s assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country, and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, SAD, Anbar and Mosul.
Job Overview/Summary: The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for providing support to the various human resource functions of the Country Program. This support will range from processing and maintaining HR records, leave management and supporting the performance management system.
- Manage and monitor the attendance, absence, leave and tardiness records of employees, as well as biometric time-clock data.
- Manage staff time-sheets and leave tracking sheet.
- Managing Personnel Records and Filing for Mosel staff up to date and managing the employee information records.
- Tracking and update emergency and disclosure tracking sheets for all regular and service staff and keep it up to date.
- Process staff identity cards in cooperation with Erbil Office.
- Follow up with supervisors on probation periods for newly hired employees and manage probation tracking sheet.
- Follow up employee’s requests.
- Conducting Exit Interview.
- Submit monthly reports when needed.
- Any task requested by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Human Resources Officer
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: All workers and department in field offices, HR team members in Iraq.
- The Human Resource Assistant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification and experience.
- 2 year of HR experience working in private sector or with humanitarian agencies and or INGOs.
- Previous proven experience developing trainings.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent Public presentation and speaking skills.
- Good ITC skills with online software, MS Word, survey websites, MS Excel, MS Power Point.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent listening and communication skills, able to handle problems with patience, politeness and diplomacy.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff and partners in cross-cultural environment.
Language Skills: Excellent Arabic, very good English.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected].
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.