Human Resources and Administration Manager
Rights respected, People Protected
NRC in Iraq
Since the Government of Iraq declared that combat operations against the Islamic State Group (IS) had ended in 2017, Iraq has been recovering from the significant damage and destruction caused by the armed conflict. Of the more than six million Iraqis who fled their homes since 2014, 4.5 million Iraqis have returned to their area of origin and 1.4 million remain internally displaced. Many Iraqis have returned to areas that lack basic infrastructure, services and livelihood opportunities, or where explosive devices have not been cleared. Other challenges returnees and secondarily displaced people face include the lack of security, community acceptance, housing, property and civil documentation issues as well as critical educational and health service gaps. Throughout this, Iraq continues to host over a quarter of a million Syrian refugees.
The UN estimates that more than 4.1 million Iraqis will need assistance in 2020, 1.77 million of them in acute need. With military operations against IS group having ended, the Iraqi government faces new challenges to ensure an inclusive reconstruction and reconciliation that will sustain peace. Since 2010, NRC Iraq has been assisting internally displaced Iraqis, Syrian refugees, returnees, and host communities in Ninewa, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk, Basra, Salahdeen and Anbar Governorates.
We focus on assisting the newly displaced, those experiencing protracted displacement in camps, and people returning to and living in hard-to-reach places by improving their chance of obtaining a durable solution. NRC runs integrated programmes across Iraq to respond to people in need using our shelter and settlements, education, camp management, legal assistance, livelihoods, and cash activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
To oversee, manage, develop and strengthen all HR and Admin functions in order to provide efficient and effective Human Resources and Administration support to the NRC Country Programme, Iraq. With a special focus on effective Recruitment, Staff development and training.
- Implement NRC’s HR systems and procedures at the national level.
- Ensure adherence to Employment Guidelines and other NRC policies.
- Ensure compliance with the local labor law within Iraq.
- Regular HR analysis and reports.
- Personnel management of the HR team at country office.
- Training, support, control and development of HR teams in all offices, and support and training of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management.
- Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Support the ongoing nationalisation process and national staff development.
- Ensure strong induction and exit processes in line with NRC requirements.
- Oversee the functioning of the Administration Department directly at the Country Office and technically at the Area Offices.
- Support the roll out the NRC People System.
- Oversee the relationship with NRC’s legal advisor.
Knowledge, skills and experience that will help you succeed in this role
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Initiating action and change
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- Duty station: Erbil, Iraq, with 30% travel within Iraq. The position holder will be expected to travel to all areas of Iraq where NRC is operational
- Female candidates encouraged to apply
Please download Job Description of the position here.
We will review applications on an ongoing basis, interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.