Internal/ External Vacancy Notice
The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Baghdad
invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position: Human Resources Responsible
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open ended contract)
Location: Iraq – Baghdad
Date of Issue: 07 January 2021
Deadline for applications: 21 January 2021
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization, which has been working in Iraq for more than 30 years. Its exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavors to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The HR Responsible will works closely with the HR Manager to help ensuring proper HR Management of the delegation. S/he performs a full range of HR activities and provides operational support to approximately 1200 staff based in Iraq. The position is the backup of the HR Manager, able to step in and assume the main responsibilities in case of absence of the Human Resources Manager. S/he assists with the implementation of the approved HR policies and procedures at the delegation level, ensuring consistency and fairness. The HR Responsible has a clear understanding of ICRC HR strategies both at Head Quarter and Iraq Delegation level and supports actively. In addition, the successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard work, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate operational needs and challenges into local HR strategy and priorities. Implements the action plan validated for the delegation.
- Anticipates HR needs and scenarios to align with operational developments and/or contingency plans.
- Ensures HR processes are implemented, and related services delivered according to ICRC policies and guidelines and in compliance with local legislation.
- Ensuring coherency, continuity in administration and management of resident employees.
- Ensures that new employees are welcomed and well integrated
- Guides staff members at all stages of their cycle within the organization, on both administrative HR and professional development matters.
- Be the focal point for contact for admin related contacts and/or authorities (legal advisor, local authorities for fiscal, legal and labor related issues), ensuring good communication flow with the HRM.
- Collaborate with the HRM the preparation of budget files and figures.
- Supervise the administrative management in the Sub Delegations: local taxes, working hours, general management on resident staff, daily workers, disciplinary measures and contract management.
- In charge to ensure timely collaboration and coordination with the Staff Health Team, in line with the HRM.
- Support the HR officer/ assistants and the Finance and Administration Manager of all staff management related questions.
- Be the technical referent when the HRM is absent for policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Degree from a recognized university in Human Resources Management,
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar field,
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English,
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point), with experience in ERPs
- Precise, rigorous with high sense of confidentiality and integrity,
- Strong negotiation and communication skills,
- High organizational and analytical skills,
- Able to work efficiently under pressure with minimum supervision,
- Independent with sense of responsibility and initiative,
- Strong team leadership skills and supervision experience,
- Able to develop and sustain a network of key contacts.
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
- Interested candidates should forward the following to ([email protected])
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
- “Please highlight in the subject of the email the following points:
1- Job title that you are applying for.
2- Specify the recruitment channel.
3- Put the ICRC site as well that you are applying for. For this post as an example the subject of the email should be like this:
“HR Responsible /vacanciesiniraq.com/ ICRC BAG”.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization
whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal
violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).