The HALO Trust is a British charity which conducts clearance activity throughout the world to remove the threat of injury from mines and improvised explosive devices. Due to an expansion of an existing project in Anbar we are seeking an experienced IEDD operator.
- The IEDD Operator is responsible for the rendering safe of improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and explosive remnants of war (ERW).
- They are to perform following HALO Iraq Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Act as a member of the overall Clearance Team to plan and coordinate operational activity under the direction of the Team Leader.
- Carry out any other tasks and duties allocated by HALO senior management in support of the team’s efforts to remove the threat of mines and explosives in Iraq.
- Minimum of Level 4 qualification in EOD from Besmyah School of Explosives or a similarly accredited institution.
- Have a hardworking and flexible approach.
- Attention to detail.
- Be willing sometimes to do different tasks and help others.
- Be good at working in a team.
- Patient and understanding.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum High School or Military Academy
- Knowledge of English Language is an asset but not required.
- During the interview phase, all applicants will undergo a practical test to assess qualifications, regardless of the above experience.
Preferably; both explosive ordnance disposal within the Iraqi military & at least three years’ experience with a commercial or humanitarian mine and ERW operator in Iraq.
How To Apply
Please send your application to [email protected]
Please provide two names who can act as references for your application.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 10th January 2021
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.