The HALO Trust is a British charity which conducts clearance activity throughout the world to remove the threat of injury from mines and improvised explosive devices. Due to an expansion of an existing project in Anbar we are seeking an experienced IM/GIS Officer.
The GIS Officer is responsible for managing mapping for the programme, creating and designing maps as requested by senior staff. They manage and monitor the database system, ensuring information is being properly entered. They coordinate with the Operations team regularly, providing information to assist with planning and prioritization. When the Senior GIS Officer is away, the GIS Manager will be responsible for managing the Data Entry Assistants.
They are to lead by example and support other staff in the programme. As a member of HALO staff they will work closely with others and provide an example of HALO’s good working practice, always working hard to ensure the job is done.
At all times all HALO Trust employees are expected to:
- Behave and perform duties to a high standard, always upholding The HALO Trust’s good reputation during HALO’s working cycle
- Build and maintain good relations with the local communities that we work in and work to help
- Work well with others and always support our HALO colleagues and respect each other
- Maintain a professional approach, always behaving professionally and wearing HALO uniform.
The GIS Manager is responsible for the programmes mapping and information management. They will develop and deliver maps at the request of programme senior staff and create reports from database analysis.
- Prepare task maps for teams as needed, including EOD or BAC tasks
- Work with the Operations team in close coordination to develop Confirmed Hazardous Areas (CHAs)
- Manage the programme’s data collection from the field to the office in Fulcrum App and paper forms
- Assist with identifying survey/clearance prioritization and work-plans
- Prepare maps for donors/senior management/presentations.
- Enter and QA operational data, highlight errors
- Prepare statistical reports as directed
- Conduct statistical/data analysis or GIS projects as directed by management
- Provide IT and IM support to staff as appropriate
- Help to resolve clerical errors from teams in the field to ensure accurate data entry
- Carry out other projects such as working with the drone and creating content for communications
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Experience using GIS software (ArcGIS, Carto, Google Earth)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access
- Understanding of Database systems is preferred.
How To Apply
- Please send your application to [email protected]
- Deadline for applications: Sunday 10thJanuary 2021
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.