The HALO Trust is an international explosive hazards (landmines, IEDs, UXOs) clearance charity. More information on us can be found here www.halotrust.org We work in Iraq to support communities affected by remnants of war and have over 200 staff operating in Salah Al-Din and Anbar Governorates, with an administrative office in Baghdad.
The HALO Trust abides by Iraq labour law and is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. In particular women are encouraged to apply.
The ICT/IM Officer’s primary duty is to support the management and reporting of programme data. They monitor data collected from the field and conduct QA to the Programme database, ensuring information is being properly entered. They coordinate with the Operations team regularly, providing information to assist with planning and prioritization. They provide technical support to HALO Iraq Locations in all matters related to ICT. They coordinate with HALO HQ – ICT Department to ensure compliance with cybersecurity global standards.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Experience as an advanced user with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access
- Experience using GIS software (ArcGIS, Carto, Google Earth)
- Advance understanding of database architecture and administration
- Experience with mobile data collection apps (Fulcrum, Survey123 etc.)
- Advance knowledge of SQL ,PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages, Systems and Applications
- Good working knowledge of ‘Windows’ based desktop and server operating systems
- Excellent problem-solving and resolution abilities on a wide range of software, hardware and network issues
- Good experience in info-graphics, dashboards design and development
- Ability to set-up IT equipment for the office.
- Ability to advice, communicate effectively and assist a range of non-technical users within an organization.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience relevant to ICT
- Fluent English is required
- QA operational data, highlight errors
- Prepare statistical reports as directed
- Conduct statistical/data analysis or GIS projects as directed by management
- Supporting the Country IM/GIS Manager to manage and report on programme data
- Prepare maps for teams as needed, including safety distances for demolitions, CASEVAC routes and clearance tasks
- Monitor the location’s data collection from the field to the office in Fulcrum/S123 App and paper forms
- Respond to requests for hardware and software related technical assistance.
- Setting up and managing Office 365 user accounts and subscriptions
- Setting up SharePoint document libraries and permissions
- Supporting users accessing Office 365 services
- Windows 10 deployments and user computer setups
- Internet connectivity troubleshooting
- Deploy and maintain all internal IT services for PSI, including managing IT inventory.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair issues with computers, printer/copiers, mobile devices and other equipment.
- Assist with procuring and configure equipment and ensure proper asset management.
- Configure appropriate equipment and system access for employee onboarding
- Maintain Wi-Fi access points, conference room technical equipment and printers.
- Maintain anti-virus/malware software deployment.
- Manage backup, restore, and recovery support for PSI data.
- Maintain HALO ITC security policies and procedures to ensure systems and data are protected.
- Maintain communications and working relationships within the organization and with outside IT service providers.
- Help to resolve clerical errors from teams in the field to ensure accurate data entry
How To Apply
- To apply, please email a CV with certificates (including expected salary) to [email protected]
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
Job to start: April 2021
Working hours: 08.00 – 17.00 (1 hour for lunch break)
Salary: USD 1,800
Benefits: Paid leave, life Insurance, HALO uniform
Requires Travel: YES 50% of the time. This position requires travel to Salah Al-Din, Anbar and Baghdad.
Deadline for applications: April 18th 2021