Iraq-Based Project M&E Consultant
MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works towards a world where all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights.
MADRE is seeking a full-time English and Arabic-speaking Iraq-Based Project M&E Consultant to support the implementation of activities related to our work to promote healing and dignity for conflict survivors within Iraqi communities impacted by ISIL, and call attention to current human rights abuses committed against civil society members. Under the Reimagining Justice program, MADRE, the Organization of Women’s Freedom in Iraq (OWFI), and IraQueer will strengthen accountability for ISIL gender-based violence (GBV) and other atrocities, and increase reconciliation and reintegration for ISIL-impacted communities in order to help stabilize Iraq and prevent future atrocities through the implementation of: (1) truth and accountability community hearings; (2) workshops to deepen the understanding of these mechanisms, and build consensus among Iraqi participants on how to carry forward community hearings; (3) public education to increase recognition and support for accountability for ISIL crimes and reduce stigma towards survivors; (4) shelter, safe haven, legal assistance, and mediation to meet the immediate needs of ISIL survivors and assist in their reintegration; and, (5) documentation of the targeting of civil society organizations, women’s rights activists, LGBTIQ persons and journalists, to increase the safety and security of individuals and organizations working towards accountability and democratic transparency.
The Iraq-Based Project M&E Consultant will be required to regularly conduct monitoring and evaluation of project activities and to collect and record information regarding services provided to target populations. The Consultant will work closely with our local partner organization to submit monthly programmatic reports, including narrative and financial reporting, to MADRE. The Iraq-Based Project M&E Consultant will also provide administrative and communications support between MADRE and its local implementing partner in Iraq. The Iraq-Based Project M&E Consultant should be based in Iraq, and have the ability to travel in-country to Dohuk, Samara, Mosul and Baghdad, with the possibility of traveling to New York on an annual basis, if current public health conditions allow. The Iraq-Based Project M&E Consultant will report to MADRE’s Associate Director for Human Rights Advocacy, who is based in New York, and will work extensively with MADRE’s Program Coordinator, Iraq and Information Solutions, Advocacy Projects Manager and Director of Learning and Evaluation. This position requires a one-year commitment with the possibility of renewal. Flexible start date in February.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Perform monthly calls or in-person site-visits to collect data on project activities for evaluation and reporting of program progress;
- Produce monthly progress reports, including narrative and financial reporting to
- With MADRE, plan and carry out organizational capacity building workshops and community hearings with MADRE staff and local partners;
- Facilitate communication between MADRE and its local implementing partners;
- Translate financial receipts, correspondence and other documents, as needed;
- Conduct research and analysis on humanitarian and human rights issues in Iraq and the MENA region as a whole, as deemed necessary;
- Draft internal research and program memoranda as needed;
- Represent MADRE at in-country meetings with government and civil society organizations, as well as other relevant stakeholders in Iraq upon approval from
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Strong commitment to, knowledge of, and experience working on women’s rights issues in Iraq;
- Clear understanding of the current political situation in Iraq and the circumstances of displaced and other marginalized communities in the country;
- Solid experience with data collection, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
- Excellent communication, research, analysis and writing skills;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure are required;
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as deemed necessary;
- Experience working with communities who have suffered human rights violations;
- Strong commitment to protecting the privacy of those involved in the project;
- Fluency in Kurdish is a plus.
Salary is generous and competitive with other international organization personnel and will be commensurate with experience.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.