Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist: Statistician / Quantitative Researcher
Place of Performance: Iraq (Baghdad)
Duration: Three years (extendable)
Reports to: Senior M&E Specialist
Purpose of the Project:
The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. USAID/Iraq needs to improve the quality of the Mission’s performance management practices so that monitoring and evaluation becomes easier, faster, more useful, and more cost-effective. The overarching goal of PMES is to improve performance management – to enable the USAID/Iraq Mission to effectively collect, manage, and use performance information to achieve its development objectives. **
SREO Consulting is looking for an individual to serve as a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer: Statistician / Quantitative Researcher to support a potential USAID contract in Iraq to implement monitoring and evaluation services for a wide range of projects. This position supports the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist to design and implement performance monitoring and evaluation strategies and actions, primarily rigorous quantitative methods, analysis and visualization.
Duties & Responsibilities:**
· Plan, develop and implement management of statistical databases;
· Work to improve standards on statistical concepts and approaches to sampling methods and survey weights to increase the quality of data collection approaches and resultant data;
· Clean and assess the veracity and reliability of quantitative datasets, including but not limited to investigating outliers, managing missing data, scrubbing for duplicate data, fixing structural errors, removing unwanted observations, etc;
· Compile, analyze and visualize datasets to draw out evidence-based trends and findings and disseminate information clearly and concisely in reports and presentations;
· Analysis should include applying simple and complex statistical theories and methods to explore and make inferences, as appropriate;
· Assist Senior M&E Specialist in setting data collection requirements for various baselines, polls, impact evaluations, and monitoring tasks. This may include defining tools and metrics, sample sizes and methods to improve quality;
· Assist in drafting technical reports making significant use of quantitative data such as baselines or polling studies;
· Train staff in data collection methodologies such as survey design, sampling methods, data cleaning and analysis as applied to monitoring & evaluation.
Qualifications & Skills:**
· An advanced university degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, or related field is required;
· At least 5 years of experience in data science is required;
· 3-5 years of experience in monitoring & evaluation and experience in international settings is required;
· Demonstrated experience managing large-scale databases with a focus on research methods required;
· Demonstrated experience in applied statistics with the ability to use a variety of techniques to derive insights from data required;
· Demonstrated experience in designing surveys and applying sampling methods appropriately to a variety of studies required;
· Technical proficiency in Kobo Collect or similar ODK survey platform required;
· Technical proficiency in and experience with data entry, analysis and visualization programs such as SPSS, Stata, R, or others is required;
· Technical proficiency in and experience with geospatial visualization and / or analysis programs such as ArcGIS, QGIS or similar program is highly desired;
· Excellent ability to clearly and concisely communicate findings in data visualizations and written products required;
· Superior attention to detail and exceptional analytical skills required;
· Strong understanding of and commitment to data integrity, veracity and reliability required;
· Experience training others on data quality, survey design and sampling methodologies desired;
· Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required;
· Proficiency in written or spoken Arabic is an asset.
· Experience working on USAID projects is an asset.
How to Apply
- Interested individuals must send their CV, cover letter and three (3) references to: c[email protected], referencing the position in the subject line. Any questions concerning this position can also be directed to this address. Deadline to receive complete applications is 03 April 2020.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
SREO Consulting is an independent, non-partisan research and monitoring & evaluation consultancy founded in 2013. We are committed to serving humanitarian, stabilization and development actors operating in the most challenging environments around the world by providing unbiased and actionable data, analysis and research. SREO is headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey with offices in Washington DC, Iraq, Tunisia and Mali.