NRC in Iraq
Iraq, with a long history of displacement, has seen an unprecedented rise in recent years. Of the more than 5.8 million Iraqis who fled their homes since 2014, two million remain displaced. Over four million Iraqis have returned to their area of origin. Many Iraqis have returned to areas that lack basic infrastructure, utility services and livelihood opportunities, or where explosive devices have not been cleared. Other challenges include: lack of security, community rejection, housing, property and civil documentation issues and lack of educational opportunities.
The UN estimates that more than 8 million Iraqis will need assistance in 2019, and 3.2 million children attend schools irregularly or not at all. Humanitarian agencies are asking for 569 million USD to deliver basic assistance to Iraqis (HRP 2018). With military operations against IS group having ended, the Iraqi government faces new challenges to ensure an inclusive reconstruction and reconciliation that will sustain peace.
Since 2010,NRC Iraq has been assisting internally displaced Iraqis, Syrian refugees, and host communities in Ninewa, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk, Basra and Anbar. We focus on assisting the newly displaced, those in lengthy displacement in camps and those in hard-to-reach places. In 2018, NRC scaled-up programmes across Iraq to respond to the large-scale displacements and returns, especially in Anbar governorate, around Kirkuk and in Ninewa using our water and sanitation, education, camp management, legal assistance, livelihoods, camp management, and cash activities.
Technical Education Officer( National Position)Internal Candidates only
The purpose of the officer position is to oversee the day to day implementation of the education project. Education officers will oversee all operations, supervise education assistants, and support project planning.
Role and Responsibilities
- Implement education activities under direction of the Education Project Coordinator
- Manage Education Officers and support Education Assistants and provide support to them in line with program objectives
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and paper
- Plan and oversee education needs assessments at community level
- Ensure monitoring, tracking and reporting of education projects in line with work plans and log- frames
- Responsible for project activities, training sessions, and incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards
- Lead the development and contextualization of training packages
- Independently oversee formal and non-formal education activities across multiple sites, sets of educators, and incentive staff
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree in relevant field
- Proficiency in English and Arabic;
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting
- Previous experience supervising teams
- Contract duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension.
- Salary & benefits: according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Health insurance is provided.
- This vacancy is only available for NRC Staff as it is an internal announcement
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability
- For more details please check the attached Job Description
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you found out about this vacancy.