Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
We are seeking to employ a candidate for the following position:
Personnel Administration Manager (PAM)
Place of work: Erbil
Deadline for application: 12/04/2021
Main purpose of the job:
Is responsible of ensuring that MSF is a Responsible employer in the mission, supports proper management of HR across the board and assumes full responsibility of all Administrative and legal issues in the Mission
The HR Coordinator/Deputy HR Coordinator can delegate ad hoc any responsibility to the Personnel Administration Manager (PAM), depending on the dimension of the Mission. Among others, the PAM could:
- Know labour legislation in force in mission country; keep her/himself informed of any amendment made in labour legislation by regularly checking legislation sources and/or regularly meeting with lawyer, other local authorities at this level;
- Know all MSF policies, procedures, tools, standards and principles regarding all staff’ (national, international, regional, etc.) working conditions, benefits and remuneration, job profiles and function grids, health coverage, etc., adapts them to the Mission reality and ensures an equitable, efficient, transparent, fair and accountable implementation by all relevant staff throughout the Mission.
- Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff, ensuring that all staff is employed in the frame of fair labour conditions, and according to local legislation, MSF HR vision, values and principles.
- In close collaboration with HRCo, ensures regular administrative meetings with all staff throughout the mission take place in order to ensure they are aware and respect their rights and duties and to inform them of any change in Labour legislation and general employment framework which may affect them (i.e. legal amendments, changes in local practices, new HR-Admin policies or procedures, amendments to Internal Regulations, etc.).
- Is responsible to ensure that all functions and job profiles at Mission level meet with the Mission’s function grid approved by HQ and are aligned with MSF Standard Job Profiles and Function Grid, and that any new function or amendment to an existing one (including significant changes in responsibilities and/or mixing existing functions) are requested in advance to HRCo and HRO/REHUCO for previous validation by HQ. Identifies deviations and shares them with HRCo in order to draw an action plan in case corrections are needed/convenient
- Is responsible to ensure that National Staff remuneration (salary, post adjustments, compensations, final settlements, etc,) and benefits (holidays, leaves, social coverage, health coverage, etc.) meet with the Mission’s salary grid validated by HQ, Internal Regulations and HR policies, ensuring MSF acts as a responsible employer at any time.
- In close coordination with the Financial Coordinator, ensures fulfilment of national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security at Mission level, checks that monthly declaration forms for taxes and employee/employer social security contributions are correct and sends them to the Financial Department. .
- Informs HRCo in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it. Follows up employees’ claims and keeps HRCo informed at any time.
- Ensure that MSF, as an employer, as well as all MSF employees comply with safety and risk prevention measures as stated by local legislation and/or MSF standard policies and procedures..
- Ensure an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all administrative files at Mission level, granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files and other administrative private documents upon request of HRCo, and ensuring preparedness in case of evacuation.
- Upon request of the HRCo, maintain regular contact with ministries, national administrations, other MSF sections and other NGOs to improve/keep up to date with administrative practices.
- Knows Homère in depth and ensures a proper parameterization, use of the system and quality of data throughout the Mission, being her/himself the Missions’ technical reference in absence of a person specifically in charge of the system.
- Ensure, in close collaboration with HRCo and Logistics department, that all international and internal movements in the Mission are properly managed (visas, tickets, per diem when necessary, dates of arrival/departure, etc.), and ensures proper accommodation conditions (i.e. room, food, etc.) by informing all relevant people/departments
MSF Switzerland Specific Accountabilities:
- Flexible, good technical and communication skills, work ethics and interest in Humanitarian action.
- Knowledge of the Iraqi Labour Law (Federal Iraq and KRI) and HR related regulations.
- Ensuring technical and managerial support to project teams through regular visits to the projects.
- Person has to be available at all times and be ready to travel to other locations decided by the mission
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Specific requirements for the role:
- Essential University degree in Administration or related studies
- Essential working experience in HR Management positions (minimum 2 years).
- Desirable experience in MSF or another NGO’s (minimum 2 years).
Languages: Essential English, Arabic and Kurdish
Knowledge: Essential familiarity with computer (word, excel, outlook, internet, ect)
- Legal and administrative management
- Strategic vision and planning
- Analytical thinking
- Leadership, people management and Development
- Teamwork and Cooperation
What we offer:
- Legal contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid. Level 10
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card), Only applications with complete documentation will be considered.
By email to [email protected]
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
Please indicate “Personnel Administration Manager” in the e-mail title.
We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
In-complete applications will not be considered
English CVs only
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process.
We may take down this vacancy in case we’ve reached the required number of applications.