The HALO Trust is a British charity which conducts clearance activity throughout the world to remove the threat of injury from mines and improvised explosive devices. Due to an expansion of an existing project in Anbar we are seeking an experienced Plant operators.
The Plant operator works as part of a mechanical clearance team. The primary duty of the Plant operator is to operate heavy plant including, but not limited to, excavators and front end loaders to conduct clearance of land contaminated by Improvised Explosive Devices, Unexploded Ordnance, and all other Explosive Remnants of War as per the HALO Iraq Standard Operating Procedures.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The Machine Operator is responsible for the following:
- Conducting clearance of land contaminated by Improvised Explosive Devices, Unexploded Ordnance, and all other Explosive Remnants of War as per HALO Iraq Standard Operating Procedures, safety regulations, and national and international standards where applicable
- Recording all working hours, fuel consumption, and servicing of machines
- Conducting daily and weekly (A service) servicing
- Reporting all identified faults with machines to the Team Leader and coordinate repairs with Workshop Manager and Mechanical Officer, where necessary
- Complying with standard operating procedures, HALO policies, safety regulations and applicable national and international law
- Following all rules and regulations laid out by the contract of employment, employee handbook, and national law
- Representing HALO publicly in a responsible and professional manner
- Ensuring the cleaning, maintenance, upkeep, and repair of all items of uniform, tools, or kit issued to the Machine Operator by the HALO Trust
- Following all lawful and safe instructions from managers
- All other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Must hold a current driving licence and be capable of being trained to operate armoured mechanical plant with the purpose of clearing IED mines from the ground for disposal.
Some ability to understand and communicate orally in English is desirable.
How To Apply
- Please send your application to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: Sunday 10th January 2021
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.