Through Private Sector Development, Cordaid supports those in the world’s most fragile contexts into decent work and livelihoods. Our programmes provide communities with the means to lift themselves out of poverty through economic empowerment, job creation and the fostering of inclusive economic growth. Through collaboration with the private sector, we provide people with the dignity of working their own way out of poverty, and generate long-term sustainable development for the future.
In this light, Cordaid is executing the Agribusiness Acceleration Project in Mosul / Ninevah. This project will support 50 agribusiness SMEs with business development services to foster their growth and create employment. The project will also support youth and women to secure and retain those employment opportunities created, by capacitating TVETs to deliver job readiness trainings and demand driven skills training, to equip youth and women with the soft and technical skills required to succeed in the workplace.
For this project, Cordaid Iraq seeks to hire an Intern to assist the Private Sector Development Program Manager.
The PSD Intern will assist the PSD Program Manager and PSD field officers and will play a significant role for meeting the information and communication needs of Cordaids PSD interventions in Iraq, including increasing visibility and ensuring consistent program communications. The function will support the collection, sharing of information and communication products including case studies, human interest stories, success stories and collection of high-quality photos with captions. At the same time, the Intern will assist in organizing events and trainings.
Duties and responsibilities:
Communication & Media
- Build up a network of media and influential communication stakeholders
- Develop a communication plan for the Agribusiness Acceleration project, assist in communication strategies for PSD and other programming for our country office in Iraq
- Produce weekly text, image and video content for social media and website
- Draft communication material for external audiences such as reports, newsletters, blogs, vlogs and project videos
- Draft communication and training/workshop materials for internal audiences
- Assist in workshops and training
- Provide support in event planning and management
- Attend relevant meetings and conferences
- Carry out other relevant tasks directed by the PSD Program Manager
As our ideal candidate, you..
- Are enrolled in a Bachelor or Master program (or recently graduated) in the field of Communication, Journalism, Development Studies, Business Administration, Management or other related studies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a diverse multi-ethnic team
- Are familiar and/or have experience with NGOs and international organizations
- Have knowledge and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Have photography, videography and/or graphic design experience and ability to use editing software and apps to produce social media content (Canva, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
- Are able to work quickly, efficiently, and meet short deadlines
- Are dynamic, creative, and entrepreneurial work style and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Have solid writing, editing and communication skills (in both Kurdish, Arabic and English)
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Are able to work in Erbil with regular work trips to Mosul
How to apply
- Applications including a motivation/cover letter and extensive CV in English, with the contact details of three professional references to [email protected], before the deadline which is 6 Oct 2020. for any information about Cordaid organization, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & motivation letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
Please send your CV (2 page maximum) and cover letter (1 page maximum) explaining your interest and how your experience meets the qualifications required. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant position. S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow Cordaids procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
The Intern will be offered a local employment contract under Cordaid’s standards and applicable labor laws of the government of Iraq / KRI. As under Cordaid’s department structure, the intern will reside in Cordaid Erbil office and will use the available resources for his/her work. The benefits and remuneration will be paid by Cordaid under the local employment contract and standards.
Cordaid is an equal opportunity employer, females are highly encouraged to apply.