The Roster of Professionals is a pool of pre-assessed and selected candidates for a selected number of MCIQ positions within the support departments who have indicated their interest in being considered for selection for a future job opening if and when they become available
Position Title: Procurement Officer – Mercy Corps Roster of Professionals
Location, Baghdad And Erbil with occasional travel to other locations
Position Status: full-time
ABOUT MERCY CORPS
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The Procurement Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the purchase of goods and services. The overriding objective for all Mercy Corps procurement activity is the prompt and effective provision of materials and services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
General Position Summary
The Procurement Officer is responsible for overseeing procurement aspects of Mercy Corps’ logistic operation. Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and Logistics. Procurement Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Daily coordination of MC procurement activities.
- Full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats. Assists, as needed, in training staff on these policies.
- Assist Program and operational personnel in regular procurement planning meetings.
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation.
- Collect quotations and bids from the market for PRs as assigned by manager – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats.
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Program & Logistics Manager.
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions and completed to MC standards.
- Prepare status reports on deliveries for P&L and office Management and recipient of supplies.
- Assist in the maintenance of thorough procurement files as outlined in the MC procurement policy.
- Assist the P&L management and office staff with procurement activities, as required.
- Assists P&L Management with asset management. Identify assets during the course of procurement and notify the Asset Controller on receipts of assets.
- The Procurement Officer will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Reports Directly To: Senior Procurement Officer
Works Directly With: Program and Warehouse staff, Logistics
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in relevant business field desired.
- experience in NGO working as procurement
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- High computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- The successful candidate will be conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment. She/he will have the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and a willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people. They will have the ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel. Must have strong English skills, both oral and written.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions and should have a strong and demonstrated knowledge of safety and security management, good written and spoken English, computer Skills and local languages.
- S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability and transparency to its beneficiaries and to International standards guiding relief and development work.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates should submit their CVs, references and application letter to the email address:
Any Resume will be sent without mentioning the job applied for in the subject line will not be considered. Submission should include a copy of Iraqi national ID card and education certificates.
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
ALL APPLICATIONS/ CVs SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY April 25th, 2021 at 16:00.
Mercy Corps will review CV’s and applications on a rolling basis (i.e., as applications are submitted). Potential Candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps Human Resources policies and procedures. As soon as qualified candidates are identified the positions will be closed automatically.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interview. Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for the position of Procurement Officer. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global Impact.
Mercy Corps Iraq offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers. Mercy Corps Iraq ensures a safe and inclusive working environment for women and men through field security training and measures to provide secure working arrangements on-site and in the office
For any further information related to Mercy Corps roster professional, Please contact Mr. Hamzah Ahnaf on ([email protected])
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.