Duty Station: Mosul, Iraq
Unit/Division: Programmes Unit
Type of employment: Extended term Contractor
Term: Eleven months, renewable
Closing date: (Midnight Rome Time): Open until filled
ICCROM is an intergovernmental organization working in service to its Member States to promote the conservation of all forms of cultural heritage, in every region of the world. Those working on the front lines of heritage preservation, including architects, engineers, archaeologists, scientists, conservators, museum curators, site managers, librarians, archivists, historians, and researchers rely on ICCROM for its world-class initiatives in conservation training, information, research, cooperation and advocacy.
Whilst the role sits within the HRP Mosul Project, all staff at ICCROM are expected to work collaboratively across all Units and to demonstrate ways of working which promote ‘One ICCROM’ by sharing information and providing help and support where needed in a collegiate manner.
The Project Assistant sits in the Programmes Unit and reports to the Project Officer in Mosul and the Project Manager in Rome. S/he will carry out her/his duties in accordance with objectives of relevant activities assigned to her/ him in the programme, and following instructions of the Project Officer.
Overview of the Functions of the Post
Under the direct supervision of the Project Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for a range of services. The Project Assistant’s main duties include:
- Provide secretarial, administrative and operational support services, prioritizing activities to ensure that the team can operate efficiently;
- Work closely with staff in the Project team to ensure that they receive support and assistance in carrying out their duties to support the delivery of activities within the project;
- Liaise with relevant staff for production of promotional materials, translations, designers, printers and other services as needed by the Project Team;
- Assist with public relations activities (invitations, receptions, catering, etc.) related to the Project;
- Process actions related to organization of travel of Project Team staff, participants and resource people, as required;
- Assist in collecting data, reports, invoices and receipts;
- Assist with reporting to ensure that there is a smooth flow of information from the Team and that the right information is received at the right time;
- Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the staff member’s background and experience and the needs of the Organization.
Minimum required: Relevant University Degree.
Requirements /Skills/ Competencies
- Secretarial, administrative and logistic experience;
- Familiarity with a range of software and database management;
- Ability to work with a range of multicultural colleagues and stakeholders;
- Interest in cultural heritage and its preservation;
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to working with a variety of staff and stakeholders:
Fluency in Arabic and English, with knowledge of French and any other language as an advantage**.**
ICCROM is a small organization, when defined in numbers of staff, with a very large remit. All of our people need to ensure that they demonstrate the required behaviors in order that we can deliver on our mission. These behaviors underpin everything we do, both internally and when working with stakeholders.
We are an ambitious organization and know that we can only achieve that ambition through pulling together and using the behaviors that will allow us to optimize our contribution. These are important to all of our roles and are essential for everyone.
We engage in honest, respectful, two-way communication. We actively listen and seek opportunities to share and engage with colleagues and stakeholders. We consider the best way to share information and willingly engage in discussion with others. We are open, honest and transparent and give and receive clarity.
- Collaboration and teamwork
We show respect to every colleague and value their expertise, contribution and perspective. We trust each other to be the best they can be and give help and support when it is needed. We willingly share resources, ideas and effort. We actively engage with others and help them to be the best they can be and create win-win solutions.
We remain optimistic about what we do and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude. We look for solutions and are proactive in driving performance. We take responsibility for planning, managing risks and getting things done through being helpful and flexible in our approach. We look to build on team strengths and are always willing to step in when additional support is needed.
- A learning organization
We take opportunities to learn, to share learning and to encourage colleagues to do the same. We try new things and experiment in order to help ICCROM work successfully with others. We look at things from different perspectives; seeking alternative views and finding ways to become even better at what we do.
The salary provided will be commensurate to the candidate’s experience and salary history. The salary and the allowances are net of taxes but subject to various deductions.
How to Apply
- Send completed applications in English**, not later than 30 April 2021**, to: [email protected]
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
Please state the position title in the subject, and including the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV in English with a personal photo
- Complete Personal History Form (P11)
Applications missing any of the above elements will not be considered. This position may be subject to a written test.
Only short–listed candidates will be contacted.