- Enters all financial transactions into the accounting system
- Keeps accounting books in compliance with the valid legal norms of Iraq.
- Makes sure that the data are in compliance with physical documentation;
- Checks the financial report from partner organization(s), if there is any, and their compliance with scanned documents provided by project operation team (the accountant is mainly responsible for checking the correctness of the accounting document provided by project team and the proper functioning of the excel sheet and its formulas);
Payments and Physical documentation:
- Prepare payment vouchers and procced with cash and bank payments.
- Responsible for managing the cash boxes of USD and IQD and to ensure that the cash counting is done systematically.
- Prepare payment orders for rent, electricity, telephone, internet and other services related to office in coordination with logistics department.
- Archives original documents and upload online all finance-related documents for all project activities;
- Checks the supporting documentation from project operation team
- Prepares the monthly salary payment to national staff by bank transfers or in cash, ensures remitting the payroll deductions according to regulations
- Prepare regular reports for the Tax and Social Security Office (according to KRI/Iraqi laws);
- In cooperation with the Senior finance officer:
- Paying out advances and their settlement and responsibility for Mission cashbox
- Prepares and updates spending plan for project operation costs.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- At least 2 years of experience working with NGOs.
- An in-depth knowledge of Iraqi accounting law and practices
- Language skills: excellent English, excellent either Arabic or Kurdish with the second language on an intermediate level. Ability to write and read in both Arabic and Kurdish.
- Good organizational skills, orientation on detail
How To Apply
- Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following E-mail address: [email protected]
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
The application must include a cover letter and CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 15th April.
- As the subject of E-mail please insert exactly “Project Finance Officer”
Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_ name_ name of position_CV
Last name of applicant_ name_name of position Cover letter
NOTICE: Due to the urgency of the position, CCR reserves the right of starting the interviews with selected candidates before the closing date.
Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime.
Note: This TOR was established based on non-discriminatory principles in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnicity, race, and disability