EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
VACANCY: Protection Field Officer for Forensic
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance and social security scheme).
Job Title: Protection Field Officer for Forensic
Duty Station: Iraq – Najaf Sub-Delegation (Basrah)
Reports to: Basrah Field Team Leader
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract
Date of Issue: 07th of July 2021
Deadline for applications: 21st of July 2021
Protection Field Officer for Forensic: Supports the implementation and monitoring of ICRC Forensic humanitarian actions in Basrah, especially with the centre for Martyr’s handover in Al-Zubair and participates in Restoring Family Links (RFL) activities in the Area of responsibility under the Basrah Antenna.
- Supports the implementation of the emergency phase project in the centre for Martyr’s handover in Al-Zubair under the supervision of the Field Team Leader and with the technical support of the Forensic Coordinator;
- Contributes to written internal reports and activity programming to the Forensic Department;
- Maintains networks with local stakeholders to ensure the efficient implementation of forensic programs. Represents the ICRC vis-à-vis national authorities and beneficiaries;
- Helps organize meetings and advises staff members on various matters such as sociocultural and religious aspects related to forensic activities;
- Communicates and reports both internally and externally on forensic contexts and population needs;
- Upon request, and under the supervision of the Field Team Leader and the Head of Tracing, supports the Restoration of Family Links (RFL) team when requested in contacts and follow-ups with families of missing, in relation or not to matters related to Forensics;
- Upon request, and under the supervision of the Field Team Leader and the Head of Tracing, supports the RFL team in receiving visitors in the office and distribute Attestation of Detention.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- University degree or relevant professional experience in the forensic applied sciences and/or health sector (i.e. medical doctor, biologist, geneticist, dentist);
- Excellent command of English and Arabic. Translation and transcription abilities;
- Good communication skills;
- Computer literacy (Internet Explorer, MS Word, MS Excel applications);
- 1-2 years’ experience with humanitarian agencies an asset.
How to Apply:
- All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to ([email protected]) with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy tittle.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).