All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Psychologist is responsible for providing specialized services and individual psychological support for people with moderate to severe mental or emotional disorders in the different areas of intervention. In addition, the psychologist provides technical support to protection staff to implement sound psychosocial support (PSS) activities.
- Assist beneficiaries with identified mental or emotional disorders that were referred by Case Managers/Workers or external agencies;
- Conduct case-by-case needs assessments for the diagnosis of psychological disorders and identification of treatment and therapy;
- Develop individual assistance plans and conduct psychological counselling utilizing various techniques;
- Document progress on cases, maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent;
- Provide group and individual counselling sessions, according to identified needs;
- Facilitate internal trainings to other Protection staff on the provision of basic psychosocial counselling as part of case management;
- Facilitate trainings for internal outreach staff and partners working in the communities on psychosocial first aid (PFA);
- Strengthen community based psychosocial support and peer support group activities;
- Provide input and evidence on key protection risks and concerns for awareness sessions and information dissemination by outreach team;
- Work in close collaboration with technical staff (Protection Manager and MHPSS Officer) for the development of the project’s overall PSS component;
- Provide coaching and support to the field staff in the implementation of structured PSS activities;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality and accountability and need-to-know principles.
(Can be adapted to the particularities of the job location and the requirement of the specific project, but should be approved by the Protection Coordinator before advertising the vacancy).
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in Psychology;
- Relevant work experience as a clinical psychologist;
- Strong knowledge of psycho-social programming in the humanitarian context.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Strong technical knowledge in protection and psycho-social support
- Ability to train people and build their knowledge and skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Working knowledge in English (written and spoken)
How To Apply
For Application, PLEASE VISIT THIS GOOGLE FORM LINK (YOU WILL NEED A GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO ACCESS IT)
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
- INTERSOS is reviewing application on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date.
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.