Under the overall supervision of the DTM Coordinator, the administrative supervision of the Head of sub- Office and the direct supervision of DTM Operations Officer the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supervise REMAP (Regional Evidence for Migration Analysis and Policy) field staff and DTM responses in the borders and advise on possible areas of intervention and operational environment.
- The incumbent will be responsible to respect assessment deadlines, ensure the accuracy of the survey data submitted, as well as integrity and protection of data as per DTM guidelines and IOM’s Data Protection Manual.
- Oversees REMAP staff in different governorates across Iraq remotely.
- Attend relevant meetings (internally and externally).
- Contribute to preparedness activities and the review of operational procedures to ensure that IOM is adaptive and effective.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative surveys on a sample of travelers crossing the FMP in respect of the methodology as directed by the supervisor.
- Advise and keep IOM abreast of evolving returnees and migrants’ movement, trends, and dynamics.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisors.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University Degree from an accredited academic university or institute.
- Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in managing and supervising a team.
- Familiarity with assessments, particularly quantitative and qualitative data collection practices.
- Good writing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results; capacity to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
How To Apply
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.