The Security & Liaison Officer will form an integral part of the NPA Iraq Center project management team and will be responsible for the liaison between NPA and government departments and offices, at the governorate and local levels.
Liaison responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establish a key point of contacts with ISF, Government offices at West Anbar in Anah and Al Qa’im and surroundings districts levels;
- Act as NPA’s point of contact and facilitator with the RMAC North in coordination with Project Management (Project Manager and Operations Manager)
- Report to, and conduct tasks as requested by both Center Iraq Project Management and NPA Security & Liaison Managers as required;
- Responsible for obtaining all licenses and permissions NPA Center requires to conduct its activities;
- Responsible for coordination of vehicle movement permissions, and managing the renewal process of vehicle movement permissions for all NPA Center staff with the LOG and HR;
- Provide assistance to the Logistics team when requested and approved by PjM;
- Coordinate with Gov NGO agencies in West Anbar for reporting, registration or other purposes;
- Conduct interpretation duties for international staff when dealing with those offices under His/Her;
- Be available to assist and support NPA expatriates when needed even after working hours;
- Responsible of official corresponding with government offices.
- NPA offices registration and update information with related government offices and Mukhtars;
- Process mapping for procedures;
- Stakes holders mapping for political, security, and tribal;
- Suggest and arrange meeting with important stakes holders in coordination with PJM & LZM.
- Travel time 50% out side his her work base office.
- Review and monitor daily news for major humanitarian and security changes.
- New routes and areas security surveying in coordination with Anbar Security Officer, PJM and LZM
- Make sure all safety/security procedures are being followed according to the NPA standard operating procedures
- Ensures effective security risk management through the establishment of a coordinated security threat and risk assessment mechanism within the framework of a practical/reliable security system for all field operations and staff on the ground (Anah and Al Qa’im sub-office)
- Ensures a coherent, effective and timely response to all security-related threats and other emergencies;
- Review and update security assessment for NPA offices and operations in coordination with the Anbar Security Officer and PjM
- Monitor staff movements out between Haditha, Anah, and Al Qa’im office sub-office and report to Anbar Security Officer and PjM.
- Visa activation and update information with residency offices.
- Access negotiation with local security forces and local governments
- Create and update contact list for Center project.
- Evaluate acceptance of NPA with local government, community, and other stakeholders, report to PJM and LZM
- Provide training for team leaders and drivers on how to improve NPA access negotiation.
- Any additional duties as may be required.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- 2 years diploma or Bachelor degree in English, social studies, political science or legal.
- Fresh graduate with a desire to learn.
- The female staff is encouraged to apply.
- 3- over years’ relevant experience as a liaison or similar duties in Anbar
- Written & verbal proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Very good references
- Experience in mine action sector;
- Experience in working with International NGOs;
- Experience in working with various government agencies in Anbar.
- Experience coordination with ISF
- Cultural & tribal knowledge.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their C. Vs via [email protected]
- The subject of the email should be EHR-21-004
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in the English Language.
- Links to C. Vs will not be considered.
- NPA is an equal opportunity employer and Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone call.
- Unsuccessful candidates will not get a reply.
- the closing date 25th Jan 2021.
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.