SWEDO is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious development aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. SWEDO provides humanitarian aids to Internally Displaced Persons, Refugees, and host communities in Iraq through health & hygiene, education, emergency response and protection projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make an integral part of the project implementation by contributing with ideas and initiative
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual Reports by Gathering information/ photos and data.
- Follow up the progress and prepare reports as necessary.
- Assist the head of field office in the liaison with the local authorities, donors and partners.
- Provide support to the projects as deemed necessary in order to facilitate the implementation of project activities.
- Assist the Head of field office to ensure coordination between the different projects and different departments inside SWEDO.
- Assist the Head of field office in the preparation of program plans and proposals for new projects
- Attends SWEDO programme-related meetings. The incumbent is responsible for organizing the meetings and takes the minutes as per needs.
- Translate and/or draft routine correspondence related to the program activities.
- Works closely with the Head of Office in defining the project scope and in the development of the Work Breakdown Structure to facilitate decision-making for project start-up.
- Assists with the preparation of the Project Implementation Plan and other key documents to support the project.
- Assists with the creation of the Annual Work Plans and schedules for the project and its components for the approval of the Head of Office
- Assists with the development of the overall budget for the project as well as for project components and conducts budget reviews and analyses in conjunction with the Project Accountant for discussion with the Head of Office
- Supports and Interacts with the project teams in the execution of the project components.
- Prepares regular reports to assist the Head of Office to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Work closely with the M&E Officer and Identify project issues and possible solutions, and bring them to the attention of the Head of Office.
- Perform other duties which may be required by Head of field office.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Project Management;
- Minimum three years of experience in the same position or field;
- Fluency in Arabic, English and Kurdish languages;
- Honest, hardworking and independent.
- Dynamic professional with experience in project planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of medium to large projects.
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Must be able to provide technical advice and support to the Project team and Head of Office.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups, nationally and regionally.
- Good communications (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of different project management tools
- Familiar with using Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel and Word).
- Willing and able to travel across Erbil governorate independently.
- Able to represent SWEDO and the humanitarian principles it stands for.
- Good data collection/analysis and excellent report writing skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to [email protected] , Subject line must read: S-IR-VA-21003, Senior Program Officer, Erbil
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements o received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.