FSD is an international environmental remediation organisation with an emphasis on management of risks posed by explosive remnants of war (ERW) as a result of conflict. We are seeking to recruit Senior Technical Experts for our ERW operations in the Middle East in response to the crisis related to ISIL.
We require the candidates with the following profile:
- He/she is able to both execute practical field operations autonomously and coordinate technical EOD operations (to include Mine Clearance, BAC, IED/Improvised Mine Clearance)
- He/she is prepared to manually render safe IEDs in the field
- He/she must be able to ensure the correct application of manual ERW clearance assets
- He/she will be able to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of technical methodologies to be employed, perform quality control inspections and understand and apply FSD’s standard operating procedures (SOPs) to maximise productivity, safety, and maintain compliance with existing International and National legislation in the country where work is taking place
- He/she can write project implementation plans, compile field reports and produce operations-related technical reports
- He/she will support training sessions and assess and supervise National Technical staff
Furthermore, we require the candidates to have
- IMAS EOD Level 3+ (IED) certified or equivalent
- At least 5 years of applied experience in landmine & UXO clearance, battle area clearance (BAC), Improvised Explosive Device (IED) training and related operational experience
- Experience in High Risk Search Operation
- Experience in Urban Area clearance of IED’s
- Experience in mechanised clearance of ERW-affected rubble from destroyed infrastructure is an advantage
- Excellent planning and tasking skills
- Experience and aptitude for personnel management
- Ability to read a rapidly changing security environment and ensure the safety of personnel and assets
- Fitness to work in harsh climate and remote locations in basic conditions
- Adapt and work efficiently within Middle Eastern cultural environment
- Skilled in management of knowledge and skills transfer to subordinates and other team members
- Communication skills to interact well with staff and stakeholders at local and regional level
- Conversant with International Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA)
- At ease with OpenOffice or MS Office tools and e-mail; knowledge of ArcView and GIS is an advantage
- Good level of written and oral English; knowledge of additional languages (e.g. Arabic) is an advantage.FSD offers a very good compensation and leave-package. Candidates which commit to at least one year to the offered employment are preferred.
How to Apply
- Candidates with a suitable profile are invited to submit their CV and application letter to [email protected].
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & application letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.
FSD will correspond only with candidates which fulfil the indicated minimum requirements in skills and experience.