Training of Iraqi women journalists on management and editorial skills 2020
“Call for Applications”
Internews is looking for a trainer to conduct a Ten-days online training in Arabic or Kurdish language for 20 Iraqi women journalists and training will consist of two major parts:
- Leadership Training part one: Editorial Skills
This training aims to enable the participants to oversee editorial content and manage publications and help their writing run as smoothly as possible. In the first five-day, women journalists will learn how to: Frame and assign stories, work with freelancers, negotiate fees, set and meet deadlines, and assess content and provide editorial feedback.
- Leadership Training part two: Managing Editor
This training will familiarize the participants with the roles and responsibilities of a managing editor and the skills needed to supervise the staff and daily operations. In the second five-day seminar of the leadership training, the women journalists will learn how to: Create and maintain a project budget to ensure profitability, Supervise other editors and writers, approve articles and reports for publication, manage editors plan meetings and help determine the coverage needed, and work with an advertising department.
Management and Editorial trainer responsibilities:
- Planning and managing all daily online sessions for Ten-days
- To run the online meeting by Zoom.
- She or he required to collaborate with women journalist participants during the training.
- She or he needed to prepare the training material in working with Internews.
- Proven experience as managing editor or relevant role
- Proven experience in training in management and editorial skills
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Proficiency in Arabic or Kurdish/ or both
- Working knowledge of online platforms
- Capabilities in planning and coordinating training
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
How to apply
- To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to: [email protected] specifying the training name in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.