SCOPE OF WORK
Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA)
Communications & Reporting Officer / Sr. Communications & Reporting Officer
The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, will work with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public-sector transparency, accountability, and economy. ‘Reform initiatives’ includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four objectives:
1. Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
2. Improve public financial management
3. Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
4. Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
The Communications & Reporting Officer will provide support to the communications team in collecting and consolidating project data, drafting project reports, editing project reports, and supporting ad hoc reporting requests. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the comprehensiveness, accuracy, and readability of all English language project documents. The Communications & Reporting Officer will support reporting on both the IGPA ‘base’ contract and all task orders issued under IGPA’s indefinite quantity contract mechanism. The Communications & Reporting Officer will focus his/her efforts on telling the story of project activities, reporting project results or achievements, and drafting periodic/formal reports.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Communications & Reporting Officer will be responsible for the following objectives:
- Support the Communications Manager in developing communications material for all IGPA objective sectors including regular reports, social media content, success stories, and press releases.
- Support the writing and editing of project reports for USAID on a weekly, quarterly, annual and as needed basis.
- Liaise with teams to gather information on activities for inclusion in reports and social media updates.
- Support event planning with organization and proofreading materials.
- Write talking points and background briefs for high-level U.S. government officials.
- Support management of communications related procurements, including contractors for multimedia vendors.
- Provide communications and branding training to IGPA staff.
- Ensure consistency of USAID branding across project materials.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Communications & Reporting Officer
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Sr. Communications & Reporting Officer
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience or master’s degree and a minimum of 6 years’ experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, communications or related field required. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of three years of relevant communications work experience.
- Comprehensive communications/journalism experience in local and international spheres, including experience on USAID-funded projects.
- Well-developed writing skills, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Experience writing briefs and background materials for government officials
- Ability to proofread and edit documents for conciseness and consistency
- Familiarity with USAID branding and marking standards preferable
- Experience working with graphic designers and managing outside vendors for multimedia productions preferable
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Record of superior performance in a deadline-driven environment desirable
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and reading skills
- Familiarity with graphic design tools (Adobe Creative Suite) preferable
Location and Reporting:
The Communications & Reporting Officer will be based in Baghdad, Iraq with travel to regional offices in Erbil and Basra and will report to the Communications Manager.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesiniraq.com/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your application (on the application form & in your cover letter) where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.