World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and Canadian Leaders in International Consulting (CLIC) have been jointly awarded a grant from Global Affairs Canada to implement the project “Bolstering Reconstruction in Iraq Through Development, Growth and Employment” (BRIDGE). The Project’s goal is to improve the employment status of male and female youth, and women in selected sectors and governorates of Iraq. The two key outcome results of the Project are: (i) improved delivery of gender-responsive and market-relevant Vocational Training; and (ii) improved employability of targeted male and female youth and women.BRIDGE will address the need for short-term stabilization of Iraq by helping beneficiaries integrate into the labor market. It will also support the ongoing reform of the Vocational Education and Training Sector.
Nature and Scope
BRIDGE wishes to retain a consultant who will provide graphic design services to the project for all Communications products it develops. The project is undertaking a significant step forward with its outreach and awareness-raising efforts, including on social media, and it is important that all related communications products be presented as professionally as possible.
The consultant will be expected to work closely with local BRIDGE staff, led by its Communications Officer, as well as project partners.
● Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
● Plans concept by studying information and materials.
● Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
● Obtains approval of the concept by submitting a rough layout for approval.
● Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
● Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
● Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment.
● Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
● Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Design work will be carried out both from home as well as at the BRIDGE office.
● The consultant will also be expected to work with the project’s VTC partners.
1) Draft and final designs for a variety of communications products to be developed by the BRIDGE project and its partners including banners, posters, brochures, and giveaway products like calendars, bags, and pens.
2) Design work, including infographics, for posting on the project’s Facebook page.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
● Strong graphic design skills
● Layout skills
● Analytical skills
● Attention to detail
● Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
● Acute vision
● Time-management skills
● Communication skills
● Handles rejectionEducation and Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, or interior design, or equivalent experience
● Three to five years of experience in graphic design
● brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team
● have good written and interpersonal skills
● have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
● meeting with account executives to discuss the client’s requirements and core messages
● presenting initial ideas to the communication officer, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts
● writing various copy options, which may be presented to the management as a storyboard
● overseeing the production phase, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies
● be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about the organization services
● be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
● understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
● have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● work well in a team and with a range of creative people
● be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
● be highly self-motivated and well organized
● be able to see other people’s points of view and take on management feedback
● work within strict budgets
● have an eye for detail
● possess good leadership, people and project management skills.
- WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from women and diverse ethnic and religious groups. If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume no later than April 7, 2021, to ([email protected]).
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.