The HALO Trust is a British charity which conducts clearance activity throughout the world to remove the threat of injury from mines and improvised explosive devices. Due to an expansion of an existing project in Anbar we are seeking an experienced Storekeeper.
The storekeeper is responsible for managing and tracking the movement of all supplies and equipment (aside from fleet, mechanical, and medical stores) in the location. The storekeeper’s role is to enable operations and support, helping staff to make requests for materials and equipment required during the work cycle and ensuring accountability.
At all times all HALO Trust employees are expected to:
- Behave and perform duties to a high standard, always upholding The HALO Trust’s good reputation during HALO’s working cycle
- Build and maintain good relations with the local communities that we work in and work to help
- Work well with others and always support our HALO colleagues and respect each other
- Maintain a professional approach, always behaving professionally and wearing HALO uniform .
The storekeeper will be responsible for coordinating HALO’s logistics system, keeping inventory of the stores, issuing supplies. The Storekeeper is responsible for ensuring that HALO procedures are followed and ultimately responsible for the accurate record keeping of all supplies and equipment on the programme.
- Issue and receive all non-fleet and mechanical equipment.
- Ensure the security of all stores.
- Ensure stores are organized and clean.
- Prepare equipment prior to deployment in support of HALO operational teams.
- Coordinate the in-cycle issue and transfer of equipment as needed.
- Inspect equipment handed in by teams and individuals.
- Report on lost or damaged items and prepare write-off lists.
- Monitor stock consumption and anticipate and forecast procurement needs.
- Forward supply requests to the administration
- Catalogue every new item entering the store (including physical marking if necessary).
- Monitor the servicing and maintenance of stores equipment.
Under the direction of senior management, transfer capital equipment records into the database.
- In coordination with the head driver dispatch, track and receive equipment to the teams in the field.
- Record all stock movements and ensure they are entered into the logistics database and filed in paper-form.
- Ensure where necessary that store cards are accurate.
- Submit monthly and 3 monthly requests to administration for purchasing
- Conduct and assist as instructed during stores checks (monthly 50% or 100%).
- Carry out any other duties as directed to meet project standards and operational requirements.
- Help with other projects that need help with supplies, building, compound and accommodation maintenance
- Check quantities, quality and report to the administration conformity upon reception of new items.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- The storekeeper must have a knowledge of Microsoft Office and be proficient in Excel
- 1-2 years’ experience in an office setting, preferably in a position that handled logistics, ordering, or record keeping
How To Apply
Please send your application to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: Sunday 10th January 2021
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.