(ERB- PSD20-62) Project Coordinator – Business Climate Improvement, KRI
The GIZ “Private Sector Development & Employment Promotion Project” (PSD) supports
the Government of Iraq to develop its private sector with the objective to create more job opportunities for young people. GIZ is a fully German Government-owned organisation
active in 130 countries with over 19.000 employees. More information about GIZ at www.giz.de.
The duty station for the “Project Coordinator – Business Climate Improvement KRI” is the GIZ Erbil Office.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and highly professional team that is based in Baghdad, Erbil and Basrah. We welcome personalities with similar qualities and are looking for people who share a passion for the private sector, who like to create tangible results and are proactive in their approaches.
- Technical development and implementation of activities related to business climate improvement and civil society outreach
- Cooperation with relevant government, private sector and civil society actors on the topics business climate improvement
- Organize public events related to private sector topics
- Conduct all activates in accordance with rules and regulations
- Responsible for sound documentation and monitoring of the activities
The GIZ “Private Sector Development” project is looking for a project coordinator in Erbil for its activities related to business climate improvement. This project workstream aims to establish public-private-dialogues (PPD) for participatory development of economic policy reform proposals and initiatives to improve the business and investment climate. By identifying bottlenecks for growth in a structured manner with private sector representatives (such as business associations) and other stakeholders (academics, think tanks or specialized civil society organizations), the project provides inputs for economic policy-making. The main tasks are to engage with government, private sector and civil society actors on the topic of business climate improvement and to implement related activities.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan in coordination with the responsible manager. This may include the full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle.
The position holder will directly consult with government, private sector and civil society organizations and additionally organise consulting schemes with external contractors. Training & capacity building measures to partners (for example business associations or government offices) will be implemented.
The position holder provides local, practical, and academic knowledge to the project planning process in a cooperative spirit.
- Strategic Networking and Stakeholder management
The position holder serves as activity coordinator for business organisations and government partners. This includes the creation of a strong network, continuous needs assessments, enabling project activities, communicating approaches. Furthermore, the representation of the project and its activities in coordination with the project director, built-up and care for relationships (stakeholder management) and identification of potential future cooperation partners.
- Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Political Economics, or another relevant field.
- Work experience interacting with government offices in KRI
- Work experience interacting with business associations such as chambers of commerce, sector associations, international chambers in KRI
- Work experience in international development cooperation organisation is an advantage, especially stake holder management and implementation.
- Native speaking or above average academic language proficiency of Kurdish (Sorani); fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken), German and/or Arabic language proficiency is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Office Software literacy
- Diplomatic skills and political sensitivity
- German language skills are an advantage
- Experienced networker
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods of time
How To Apply
Requirements for application:
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to [email protected]
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screenshots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.