surgical specialists and resident affiliates. The mission of the Royal College is to serve patients, diverse
populations and our Fellows by setting the standards in specialty medical education and lifelong learning,
and by advancing professional practice and health care. The Royal College offers a stimulating and
professional work environment.
11-month Assignment (with a start date of June 2021)
Under the direction of the manager, Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) Accreditation Development,
you will lead the development, project management, implementation and evaluation of residency
education accreditation. Working closely with experienced colleagues and a variety of both internal and
external stakeholders, you will collaborate to establish priorities and propose solutions to keep multiple
initiatives moving forward.
Are you passionate about and experienced in accreditation program development? Do you thrive in a
fast-paced environment where you work with a high degree of autonomy? If yes, we have an exciting new
opportunity for you.
Here’s an insight into your typical day to day:
- You will develop workplans, monitor project timelines, identify emerging priorities and support
your colleagues in developing materials to meet the needs of a wide variety of stakeholders.
- You will act as a conduit between the Educational Standards Unit (ESU) and key groups, including
Royal College International (RCI) and external partner organizations, to ensure the successful
delivery of a robust program of review and accreditation for residency education.
- You will create project plans, briefing notes and reports, and deliver presentations to a broad
array of audiences including committees and leadership groups.
- You will guide and participate in the operationalization of an ever-evolving program of
accreditation, including defining outcomes and developing change management resources.
Does this sound like you?
- Level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Graduate University Degree in, Public
Administration, Humanities, Health Administration, International Development,
- Minimum of five years of directly-related experience in program development, support and
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and monitoring a multi-year work plan as well as
operationalizing relevant policies and processes,
- Demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with partners, staff and stakeholders, in both
national and international contexts,
- Aptitude to coordinate and contribute to evaluation, briefs and correspondence,
- Ability to conduct needs assessments and analyze trends,
- Advanced level of comfort and confidence in delivering oral presentations and presenting findings,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, and ability to work across multiple online collaboration
(e.g. DropBox, SharePoint) and video conferencing software (e.g. Zoom, Webex, Teams),
- Experience in an international context is an asset,
- Ability to write and speak in French and/or another language spoken in the Royal College’s main
regions of activity (e.g. Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish) is an asset.
How to get noticed?
Please forward your résumé, covering letter and salary expectations by June 7, 2021 to
[email protected] To ensure the hiring committee reviews your application, quote posting JD121-
0901, last name, first name in the email subject line.
We welcome applications from those with a demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of
equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those under
consideration. An eligibility list may be established for similar positions of various tenures. The list will be
retained for a maximum period of 18 months.
We are dedicated as an organization to adhere to public health guidelines in support of our employees
and their families. As such, we have recently extended our remote work arrangements for most of our
teams. This position would permit remote work from Ontario or Quebec. Should public health
restrictions be lifted, you may need to travel to Ottawa, Ontario for select meetings. Flexibility is key in
our new world.
Royal College is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in its learning, work
environments and in its operations. We encourage applications from traditionally marginalized groups.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human
Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related
Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this obligation, the Royal College will make appropriate
accommodations available. As required, please inform People Services of the nature of any
accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Click HERE to learn about Royal College and visit us at royalcollege.ca
Starting salary ranges from $77,836.00 to $87,566.00
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting.